Mini s-osd hook up help, is there supposed to be an l.e.d?

Reaction score
I have a boscam ts321 and rc302 fpv transmitter and rx, and they work fine separately from the mini s-osd. When all hooked up on my phantom fc40, there is no status light on the osd board or a mode button that I can see on the board and I get no picture, just static.
What I wanted to know is-
-On the mini version of s-osd, is there a status l.e.d. somewhere on the board so you know it is powered up?
-Is there a mode button on the s-osd board to change modes like on the full size s-osd?
-Is the mini s-osd pal or ntsc from the factory? Or does it do either?
-Where does the mini s-osd get its power from? maybe the connection for naza gps or the voltage hook up?

Any help or suggestions would be great to get this thing up and running. Thanks!

To help you out we will need to know how you wired it in. The DJI site shows the correct way. video>mini>display
There is an LED inside you can see through the translucent case. No mode buttons I am aware of.
Did you make sure it has the latest firmware?

Nzmv2-iosd-mini.png

Reactions: dirkclod
This is not the dji iosd mini, but is call the S-OSD and it is the mini version, or second version I belive. Here is a picture of it wired in so you can see what I mean. Thanks

5e8973fd5a17c8820db09f13228acd95.jpg

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

My bad. This should be better...

Here - http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/goodluckbuy-s-osd-help.35303/

and...

Instruction:
GPS Module and LED module connection:
1. GPS and LED: Use 4P-4P connect main controller GPS port and LED port, supply power to flight controller. If S-OSD power light lits, then it is right.
2. Then plug GPS module and LED module at S-OSD port
3. Switch port: The function of switch port is screen switch. There are plenty of contents S-OSD will display, so need two screens display. One time one screen content. The screen switched by transmitter 3-step switch through switch port.
4. Throttle channel: S-OSD could display throttle channel signal data from 0%-100%. Two THRO port on S-OSD, one connects receiver throttle, the other connects flight controller.
5. Attitude cable: connects with flight controller f1/f2
6. RSSI: S-OSD could display receivers signal strength, this port is used to connect receivers RSSI port
7. Voltage detection function: wiring as picture shows
8. Video port: wiring as picture shows

109188-4.jpg

That is the version 1 of the board I have. I am using mini s osd. I can't get a power light to come on or any video or anything. All my connections have been triple checked. Especially the naza connections and I am not getting any power into the mini s-osd I believe. It seems like my sosd might just be bad.
96a2f9901de0f39b55cb0217a3286c95.jpg

b3657db39d9e5decd9713c9d22d3e7b2.jpg

95fea23f9457c98037ca16a1e740832a.jpg

The bottom left yellow dot is what I assume is the led status light. It is so small I can't really tell for sure without it lighting. I get no signs of it powering up at all and everything works perfect without the osd, it seems it is bad unless I am missing something. I'm not the best with these electric circuits. But everything seems to be straightforward.
Thanks for the help!! I hope I can get this working, it's killing me not having any osd

I also don't have the switch hooked up on the osd board because I don't have an extra channel on my tx. I don't have throttle or rssi hooked up either. I also don't have a current sensor so that is not hooked up. I have tried inspecting all the connector pins and my soder points all seem good.

There is so much info out there on the regular or original S-OSD but the one I have, (mini s-osd) there isn't too much. It is labeled on the board pretty well tho so it seems easy enough, but I guess it wasn't because it's not working...

So now I have figured out that the naza gps connection into the sosd is only giving 1.9v instead of the full 5v. Anyone know why this could be? When I hook up with out the sosd everything is still fine tho....got me puzzled.

I don't know why I'm writing this anymore, hopefully someone will find it useful. I found there was a short or some resistance in one of the GPS connectors that came with the mini s-osd causing it not to get power because the unit gets its power from that connection

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl