Mini Quad's Guts (parts)

Reaction score
Since the mini quads need to have the rotors move at different speeds to get them to work, I would think they must have ASC in there somewhere. If so, are they just part of the main circuit board? There is not any room for small separate boards like the Phantom.
I realize the lower than low wages in China, but when you look at the controller, the quad, the charger, the battery, and any other extra parts in a package of these little things, I still can't see how they can sell them for $25.00 or so.

For brushed motors, to turn the PWM signal into a motor control, all you need is a transistor, essentially.
It's brushless motors that require a lot more parts to turn the control signal into a set of signals to drive the motor.
(btw, it's "ESC", not "ASC" - electronic speed controller.)

I've never taken one apart, but how many wires are there on the motor? If it's two, then it's an ordinary DC motor with brushes and the prop speed is determined by voltage. One transistor each can control that.

CityZen said:
For brushed motors, to turn the PWM signal into a motor control, all you need is a transistor, essentially.
It's brushless motors that require a lot more parts to turn the control signal into a set of signals to drive the motor.
(btw, it's "ESC", not "ASC" - electronic speed controller.)
Well that explains it very well guys.
ASC, ESC, oooops! Worked to much today, I should go to bed. For my error I will go stand in the corner for 10 minutes...... :(

dirkclod said:
:eek: Happy did you forget to proofread before you clicked submit ? :eek:
Nope. Looked at it twice. Call it tired or brain malfunction. Bad part is I know better.

Happyflyer said:
dirkclod said:
Nope. Looked at it twice. Call it tired or brain malfunction. Bad part is I know better.
Just tired brain Bro ! ;)

dirkclod said:

Do you proofread?? I post it, then edit it. :cool:

PhantomFanatic said:
dirkclod said:

Do you proofread?? I post it, then edit it. :cool:

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.