Mini map cache

Reaction score
Hi all, random question that I hope someone can answer quickly.....
I have to cache the map on the Android GO app before connecting to my P3S (tap on mini map and look around my local area to cache it),
GO app on iOS appears to do this automatically.

Both my devices are 4G with data contracts. Using an iPhone 6 and a Samsung Galaxy tab s2 (main device for flying)

It's not a problem, in fact it's good practice to check your map before taking off to see any potential POI's or hazardous areas...I just wondered why? Both the iOS and Android DJI GO apps are on the latest version.

Many thanks

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Actually in the iOS version, there is a switch to activate Cache Map in the Background.

Once you tap that tab, you can scroll around the map, of your chosen flying area to save/store it.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy Roberts
Can't say as I noticed the switch, however not flown with the iPhone since getting the tab. It was just a bit too small to see clearly what's going on 800' away!!!

I take it there is no such switch on Android? Annoying, but probably best practice really!!

In the Go app, tap the three dots top right corner.
Then scroll down to the seventh listed item.

I would like to think, that feature would be universal, regardless of which smart device you chose.

RedHotPoker

I only have 3 options under the map section...v2.8.1

17c8280667141ed840c5bd4e3c04afc5.jpg

Like I said, it's no real issue, just a pain if you forget to look at maps before connecting. Done it a few times and took off, looked at the map and seen a lovely grey screen with no map!![emoji37][emoji37]

Map Section? Are you up to date, firmware wise? What app is that screen shot from?
Try under a different area perhaps.
So, where's your YouTube Live Streaming and Facebook Live tabs?

My app does not resemble yours.
I have never seen that Enable Amap?

RedHotPoker

This is Android 2.8.1. The phantom wasn't connected when I too the photo. The iOS 2.8.3 version has the YouTube tabs etc, but not on the Android one

I thought we were discussing iOS, isn't that my full intention?
image.jpeg

Eh, I have absolutely no experience with Android devices. Have Never even held one. If you want the Cahe Map tab, use your iPhone. ;-)
Sorry, but I can't help you any further.
My only experience is, I am using an awesome, iPad Air2 64gb Cellular.
Best of luck.. Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Andy Roberts
Started with my iPad Air 2 but found it a bit heavy for the mount (using a metal version of the standard one with a tablet holder on) hence the android tab...weighs nothing in comparison. You've got me thinking now though....in the Android play store (like iOS App Store) in the description, it clearly says YouTube streaming, but can't see the option...can only assume it may become "live" when connected. I do prefer the iOS version, but the iPhone 6 is just a bit too small for decent FPV at distance

Just for interests sake...according to the DJI forum, Android version of GO doesn't seem to support YouTube streaming, so guessing maybe not map caching either. Hey ho...good bit of detective work anyway!!

Post your question over here too:
PHANTOM
Might get some respondents from the mods.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj