Mini iosd vs Flytrex data

Reaction score
Good morning, I have done some digging around and I'm curious about these two numbers being so far apart. I have the DJI mini iOSD installed with my full FPV system. I made a little cheat sheet with converting meters to feet so I can understand where I am in the air. Today I did a test run at home and I did not cross 100 m in the air when referencing my screen data.(which should roughly be 330 ft) Upon uploading my Flytrex data, it says my peak height was 744 feet. I am not sure why these are so different. I understand the flytrex has a barometer and today was a bit overcast and storm imminent, Could this be the reason for the difference? It is the new FlightTrack Core 2 model.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 11.10.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 11.10.16 AM.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 534
OSD shows relative height. So if you take off from the top of a 100ft building and it shows 200ft on the OSD, you're 300ft above the ground.

Flytrex, I have no idea what it tells you. It could be showing you height above sea level (height of the ground + height above the ground) but without a calibrated input for sea level pressure on the day, your measurement could be far off.

Fdnyfish said:
Max ascent is your ground based altitude. Max alt is sea level

Ok, That makes it all really click. Thanks guys!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31