Mindblown at the Advancements on P1.0

Reaction score
Last weekend I installed FPV gear along with the 9”props (not self-tightening) at the same time. And my flight time increased! Even though I now have the added weight of an iOSD, VTx, and antenna! I think the FPVLR pinwheel is light compared to some of the other possible antenna types.

I have the first version of the upgrade board and discarded the large iOSD connector (and a good chunk of the cable) to do the Sarawuth CAN BUS mod. Still using my original 1.0 shell and transmitter. The rest of my setup is in my signature below. Anyway I’m just amazed that I’m getting a flight time of about 9:30 on average with all the FPV goodness on a Phantom 1.0! (And I’m keeping to the 80% battery capacity rule)

Am I lucky or is this reasonable? I don’t recall getting flight times this good with the out of the box package when I bought the Phantom 1 ½ years ago. Back then I just had a GoPro with no gimbal or FPV! Amazing what the newer batteries and propellers can do. Talk about an upgrade! Compared to my initial purchase, I now have stabilized video, FPV, AND longer flight times. Mind blown!!!

By the way FPV is… I don’t know how to put it… it is just pure :D :D :D :D :D . Let’s just say I’m thankful and feel privileged to be alive in a time in history when this is possible. Thanks to all of you tinkering pioneers in this forum for blazing this path for me to follow.

It is fun, isn't it?

To double your battery capacity and more than double your fun it is time to take the plunge and migrate your P1 into a P2 shell. I just flew my P1.5 with dual Pulse 2700 batteries, GoPro, FPV, Tarot gimbal and Ground Station. What a kick!

How difficult is it to move the P1 into the chassis of the P2? The extra battery compartment space would be nice even if I only flew with a single pack.

varangian said:
How difficult is it to move the P1 into the chassis of the P2? The extra battery compartment space would be nice even if I only flew with a single pack.

If you can do basic soldering you should be able to handle it, same basic process as if you had to replace your P1 shell. This thread has all the info, but it's kind of bloated so feel free to post any questions about it in there if you don't find your answers in a quick skim of the posts: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7017

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4