Milwaukee Lakefront

Reaction score
Took a run down to the lake (Lake Michigan) yesterday. Absolutely beautyful day. Temps in low 40's but a bit brisk wind. I finally got the courage up to make a run over water. And I am one of those that either goes big or goes home. I ran the P3 from the shore all the way to the outer harbor lighthouse and then in under the Hoan bridge and up the river(s). Let me tell ya, my heart was pounding like it wanted out of my chest. I so knew the P3 was going swimming.

She held her own. I ran the battery a bit low as I had worked downwind and the return trip was upwind and I got a 30% warning. I was looking for a place she could set down that I could reach it in case I had do. But she made it home. I won't make that mistake again.

Anyway, here is a compile of the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Sandy MacDonald
Took a run down to the lake (Lake Michigan) yesterday. Absolutely beautyful day. Temps in low 40's but a bit brisk wind. I finally got the courage up to make a run over water. And I am one of those that either goes big or goes home. I ran the P3 from the shore all the way to the outer harbor lighthouse and then in under the Hoan bridge and up the river(s). Let me tell ya, my heart was pounding like it wanted out of my chest. I so knew the P3 was going swimming.

She held her own. I ran the battery a bit low as I had worked downwind and the return trip was upwind and I got a 30% warning. I was looking for a place she could set down that I could reach it in case I had do. But she made it home. I won't make that mistake again.

Anyway, here is a compile of the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
How low can you go!! that was some super low flying over water dude, bloody brave,what were all those black vertical lines in your vid from about 1.15, was it the sun reflecting the props off the water or something else? Overall cool vid.

I think it was the props getting in front of the sun and causing the auto exposure to go ape. Didn't see it until I got home. DIdn't look like that on litchi. Don't know if there is anything that can be done about it.

And its not as low as it looks :) I was about 30' out by the lighthouse and dropped to 20' coming across the bay before I got to the bridge.

That sure doesn't look like Milwaukee in February.:cool:
We used to go to Milwaukee fest. Fun city.
Nice video

Yea, freak day yesterday. Bright. Sunny. Reasonably warm (for Wisconsin in Feb) at 40ish. Today its snowing bad and 20's. Now it looks like Milwaukee in February! Sections of the freeway going to work was down to 20mph and visibility maybe a few carlengths at best. What difference a day can be around here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers