Miles instead of feet

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
please vote on this cause dji doesn't think any one cares

Yeah they were! Totally different crowd over there compared to here... Thanks for sticking up for me!
yep that's why I like posting autel stuff to them lol

I've never had a problem with converting feet to miles. A mile is 5280'. Round that off to 5300, and you can figure miles instantly. I do wonder why altitude is still set in meters, though.

once again is autel the only one that gets it
Starlink_20160710_101419_Manual_Moment(3).jpg

Miles for me and in metric kph no more meters per second. Meters per second for vertical speed only.

It's a pity that the US, together with other industrial giants Liberia and Myanmar, have failed to adopt the metric system as its official system of measurement. The UK hangs onto miles for use on the roads, but just about everywhere else uses metres and kilometers. It makes nonsense out of these types of issues and once you knuckle down and convert, life is much simpler.

It's a pity that the US, together with other industrial giants Liberia and Myanmar, have failed to adopt the metric system as its official system of measurement. The UK hangs onto miles for use on the roads, but just about everywhere else uses metres and kilometers. It makes nonsense out of these types of issues and once you knuckle down and convert, life is much simpler.

Britain used to do fairly well when we had imperial. In engineering terms fractions are pretty useful.
Remember the Romans introduced miles.
And although I am too young to remember it I wish we still had the old pounds, shillings and pence!
I drive people nuts on my boat - I still use fathoms!!!

Using litres kilos km/hr ha etc much easier to work out rates for spraying seeding and spreading and harvesting (we converted in the 70s lots of grumbling ) but I still make sure I buy a tape measure with both because I can't read the the smaller metric ! And "Walk 1.6km in my shoes " doesn't sound as good any more.

It depends, I grow up with metric and all the ft pound mile is still a my brain exercise to convert (not mentioning nautical miles and knots...) Being used for metric I still respect the right of others to use different system. To add few lines of code to recalculate is not too hard i think...

Reactions: MasterBlaster
I'm old school and grew up with miles feet, inches, pounds and stones. If I have a tape measure I don't mind using either system but if not I simply can not imagine in my head how far metres or kilometres are, if someone asked me to guess how much a couple of kilos is I wouldn't have a clue. How many pounds something weighed or how far in miles the next village is away, no problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl