Mild Crash now wifi won't connect

Reaction score
Hello,
Like a typical noob, I had a small crash with my Phantom 3. A storm rolled in and just as I took off, it seemed that I lost GPS and the drone took off on it's on. It wouldn't respond to remote commands and at an altitude of about 2 feet off the ground , it flew into a thin tree trunk. Unit flipped over completely and as soon as I righted the unit, it went to take off again. I held onto it for fear that it would crash into something else and used to "return to home and land" feature. After the storm passed and the wind died down completely, I tried to take it out and fly to capture the setting sun. First it wouldn't recognize that there was a SD card in it and so I powered off and then removed and replaced the card. When I turned the drone itself back on, I tried to connect to the wifi via my Iphone 5s and then no matter what I did, the wifi connection just spun. It would not connect. Did I royally screw the done or am I just missing something. There is ZERO cosmetic damage to the drone after the crash, except for some green grass stains on the props. They aren't cracked or anything.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

-Stupid Noob

Thank you both for responding. I checked all connections and they seemed fine. I was able to just forget the wifi on my phone and input it again and it worked fine. Have flown it since with zero issues. When I lost gps and crashed I had only about 10 seconds in the whole event. I had just launched and was about to take it higher when all of a sudden it just stopped responding to controls and crashed into a small tree trunk about a foot off the ground. I'll keep this info handy should it ever happen again.
Thanks again for the help!

Hi, had a similar experience with my P3 4K after a crash into water. Dried up the unit after taking it apart. Now, i can control the craft, but my wifi link disconnects after a few minutes. I've been trying to figure out if the issue is with the wifi module under the VPS. Have you had any luck getting your problem fixed?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20