MicroSDs on sale at Amazon (64gb $18, 128gb $45)

The Samsung EVO isn't a good memory card for the Phantom 3. The write speed is too slow (16MB/sec). The memory card that comes with the Phantom writes at 40MB/sec. Yes, it might technically work, but the performance is not ideal.

If you have your heart set on Samsung, then pick up the Samsung PRO memory card instead. It's not that much more expensive and writes at triple the speed. It also reads faster too -- which will be beneficial when transferring files from the memory card.

FYI, if anyone is in the market for a new memory card, you can find a list of memory cards that work well with the Phantom 3 here.

Last edited:
The Samsung EVO isn't a good memory card for the Phantom 3. The write speed is too slow (16MB/sec). The memory card that comes with the Phantom writes at 40MB/sec. Yes, it might technically work, but the performance is not ideal.

If you have your heart set on Samsung, then pick up the Samsung PRO memory card instead. It's not that much more expensive and writes at triple the speed. It also reads faster too -- which will be beneficial when transferring files from the memory card.

FYI, if anyone is in the market for a new memory card, you can find a list of memory card that work well with the Phantom 3 here.
While I agree that the EVO isn't the fastest kid on the block, I would be interested to know why you say the write speed is too slow. The P3P has a bit rate of 60 Mb/sec, which is only 7.5 MB/sec....half the rated speed of the EVO, which would seem to indicate that it's perfectly adequate. (Downloading to a computer is another matter, and here it's not so good.)
I've been using the 32GB version for 4K video with no problems, and the OP seems happy with his 64GB card.

Reactions: SilverStone641
The P3P has a bit rate of 60 Mb/sec
What's the write speed for storing photos?

the OP seems happy with his 64GB card
I see that. And, I think that's awesome. I'm simply pointing out that there are better memory cards available. It would be a shame to see someone else waste money on a slow memory card that did not deliver the performance they expected. Knowledge is power :)

I really am starting to hate this forum. You just can't share anything without someone jumping you, redirecting you to their own site or just straight up trolling. I shared a good deal homes. I'm super glad you were able to enlighten us all on how @$(*ty my choice was.

I made no claims or comments on these cards short of saying in my experience, they work wonderfully for the price. That's it. Take it as you will. I'm out.

I really am starting to hate this forum. You just can't share anything without someone jumping you, redirecting you to their own site or just straight up trolling.
So, other people are not allowed to share their knowledge and/or opinions? That's what forums are all about.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
But would the 128 gig work?
DJI's specs list 64GB as the max capacity for the memory card. Many people are successfully using 128GB memory cards though. For example, the Lexar 633x 128GB memory card is known to work.

If you decide to go with a different brand, make sure you check out the read/write speed. 128GB memory cards tend to operate at slower speeds. Anything that can write at least 40MB/sec is a good buy.

I just want to chime in to both of you and say thank you. 1) Thank you OP for sharing. 2) Thank you MSINGER for posting the speeds. I do need a couple cards (not just for the Phamtom) and will look elsewhere because the speed is a little important. I'm glad to have the info and know what to look for.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I don't understand why so many people on forums treat opinions as a contest where they believe only one can be the "winner."

I join forums to learn through shared knowledge and opinions. I'm glad to see there is a sale on memory cards, albeit slow cards.
And I'm glad to see the speeds posted as well, that is something I always wonder about as I stand in front of the display rack at BB and try to remember the minimum specs suggested.

Like Sharper, I appreciate the info from both.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj