Micro usb port on the controller.

Reaction score
Ok, i am using the usb to my i phone right now. but, what is the use of the micro usb port next to it? i did try to hook up another device but i got nothing.

819898006_5_1000x700.jpg

DJI has no documented use for it.

Ok, i am using the usb to my i phone right now. but, what is the use of the micro usb port next to it? i did try to hook up another device but i got nothing.

819898006_5_1000x700.jpg

It's for uploading firmware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you direct us to documentation that explains this?

I believe there's a video in the DJI academy on the DJI Go app. It's in the in boxing and set up videos. In the DJI Go app, go to the equipment screen, select the model you have, in upper right hand corner of the screen there is a cube shaped box. That will take you to the videos.

Are you sure you're not referring to the USB port? The OP is referring to the micro USB port.

Are you sure you're not referring to the USB port? The OP is referring to the micro USB port.

Yes, pretty sure that is what the initial set up was on my P4

Wild. I've never heard of anyone else using the micro USB port for anything. Are you still using it now?

It's for uploading firmware

Seems to make sense. If you don't use DJI GO for updating and only use Assistant you will have to plug your Phantom into the computer with the micro to update and then you would also have to update the RC and hook it up the same way using the micro.

If you don't use DJI GO for updating and only use Assistant you will have to plug your Phantom into the computer with the micro to update and then you would also have to update the RC and hook it up the same way using the micro.
Can you cite your source? Everything I found says the remote controller can only be updated from DJI GO.

Micro USB port on RC is currently unknown to users.

On the Phantom 4, the micro USB port is for accessing the memory card without having to unplug it, stick it in a card reader, and then connect it to a computer.. (Edit.. This is documented in the P4 user manual page 38)

Try connect the micro USB to a USB port on your computer and see if a folder with DCIM and MISC pops up. If so, that's what it's for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roverggm
On the Phantom 4, the micro USB port is for accessing the memory card without having to unplug it, stick it in a card reader, and then connect it to a computer.. (Edit.. This is documented in the P4 user manual page 38)
Right. But, the OP is referring to the micro USB port on the remote controller.

Wild. I've never heard of anyone else using the micro USB port for anything. Are you still using it now?

No longer use it for updates, was just used for the initial start up when I got my P4. All updates since have been though the app.

No longer use it for updates, was just used for the initial start up when I got my P4.
If you're able to find that setup video you referred to above, please post a link here. I'd be interested in taking a look since I've never seen DJI mention using that port before.

I understand Micro-USB and CAN-Bus Ports of the RC, both HDMI/non HDMI modules, are implemented for possible further usage so not in use currently.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know this is an old thread however I stumbled across it while trying to find out if I can hook a mobile device up to the micro USB port on the RC. I use the microUSB RC port to charge the RC from my vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues