Micro SD Won't Eject

Reaction score
First, thanks for all the information on this board. I just purchased my first Phantom, and this board has been immensely helpful.

All is good with the Phantom 2 Vision Plus except the Micro SD slot. The factory 4 GB stick has been replaced with a 32 GB. However, now it won't eject.

I have somewhat tempted to just leave it in since that's the maximum size. However, is there any way to eject it? Should I yank it out with needle nose pliers?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Matthew

You probably already know how to work it, not trying to talk down to you or anything, but just in case you haven't used a micro SD before...

You're not pulling on it to eject are you?
It's a Push in / push out thing. Like a click pen.

Push in to insert.
Push in again until it clicks to eject. It will spring out.

If that doesn't work, you may have inserted it backwards. In which case you would have had to force it in and it's broken.
It should go in printed side up, connecting pins down. It should click in against a spring.

if it's stuck you can pull it out using a paperclip. as the above post says, try a make sure its pushed in to the "out" position if possible (ie if it were working correctly it would pop out) and bend the very tip of a paperclip to make a wee L shape like this ¬. Slide it in sideways above the sd card and rotate the clip so it catches the back of the card and pull it out. And do it gently and carefully!

No offense was taken by the suggestion the SD card was inserted incorrectly and I was pushing rather than pulling. It could happen to anyone. Thankfully, neither of those were not it! (Saves me some embarrassment.)

I ended up pulling the disk using tweezers. I reinserted and the same thing occurred and had to pull it again. Thanks for the suggestion to make sure it was in the eject state before pulling.

Inserted the original, and it ejected easily. Went back to the 32 GB SD card and now all works.

I am still not sure of the cause. Regardless, it seems to have resolved itself. Thanks for the help everyone.

First, thanks for all the information on this board. I just purchased my first Phantom, and this board has been immensely helpful.

All is good with the Phantom 2 Vision Plus except the Micro SD slot. The factory 4 GB stick has been replaced with a 32 GB. However, now it won't eject.

I have somewhat tempted to just leave it in since that's the maximum size. However, is there any way to eject it? Should I yank it out with needle nose pliers?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Matthew

My Phantom 4 wants the printed side of the card facing down. (Won't go in otherwise.) My card was in the slot correctly but would not eject. I just poked it, gently, with a common sewing needle and it dragged right out using the point of the needle to pull without any fuss at all. Came out easily. Maybe that will work for others. It worked properly the next time I put the card in.

micro_sd_removal_IMG_8817.jpg

Last edited:
I think they are prone to an initial problem, though I have no idea why it suddenly resolves itself. I initially could not slip my SD card in more than half way, no matter what I did, and even seemed a little crooked. It was just a snug fit and pulled out with a light tug on it. The strange thing is it actually recorded fine in that position, so I just assumed that was the way it was supposed to be until one time it slipped in fine and ejected with the spring push. Always used the same card and never had an issue after that.

A bit of spit... lube it up..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20