micro sd that came with the P3A?

Yes. You can find some other commonly used memory cards here.

Reactions: tolbert
The stock memory card writes at 40MB/s, so I would use a card with similar specs since DJI probably included a memory card with those specs for a reason. Other people will argue that any old class 10 card will work though. It's nice to have a memory card with a high read speed too since it'll take a while to copy off video/photos.

copy. i bought the sandisk ultra plus 64gig at costco for 24.99. i guess ill just take it back. i dont mind the time to copy to my macbook. i only care about the video quality.

here is the one i got at costco, is it worth the 24.99 i paid. or just keep the 16 gig stock one?

Attachments

• IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 350
Could have gotten it cheaper than $25, but it'll work. Mine included a U3 Lexar or Panasonic card. I'll probaly end up using a 64GB Sandisk U1 version

here is the one i got at costco, is it worth the 24.99 i paid. or just keep the 16 gig stock one?

That's the one I have been using on my P3A and have had no problems with it. It's rated for 48MB/s.

is it any good? what is the best i could get?
You are wasting your effort seeking the "best" SD card.
As long as your card meets DJI's standard..(Supported SD Card TypesMicro SDMax capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required), you will get no improved performance for spending extra $$.
The speed of writing is determined by the Phantom and not the card.
And buying the biggest isn't always a good strategy either.
You are better off having a few 16GB cards so that when you fly, you aren't risking all of last week's images.
You can swap cards and use a new one each time if you are in a risky area.

Some bits of hardware (but not the Phantom) still have problems with 64 GB cards. GoPros had issues with most 64 cards but I think they've finally resolved that. I typically find that 32 GB are the sweet spot between price and utility and portability (I use the cards in still cameras, various GoPros and other digital things. Long enough to hold a good deal of video. Cheap. Reliable.

As meta4 noted, getting the 'best' card is a fool's errand. Just make sure it's not a counterfeit, buy it at a reputable dealer. Check it out before the big flight - very occasionally you will get a bad card.

The speed of writing is determined by the Phantom and not the card.
Yes and no, the speed to which the Phantom output to a card is determined by the Phantom. But the write speed of the card is determined by the card.

U1 min is 10mb/s and U3 is 30mb/s, so if you'll always have a greater chance of less bottle neck if you have a higher speed rated card. Also not all cards are created equal.

Last edited:
Yes and no, the speed to which the Phantom output to a card is determined by the Phantom. But the write speed of the card us determined by the card.

U1 min is 10mb/s and U3 is 30mb/s, so if you'll always have a greater chance of a bottle neck if you have a higher speed rated card. Also not all cards are created equal.
Every week people assk about paying more to get a better card.
The short answer is that it's a waste of money.
Testing has shown that the bottleneck is the speed at which the Phantom writes to the card and that faster cards don't perform any better.

Every week people assk about paying more to get a better card.
The short answer is that it's a waste of money.
Testing has shown that the bottleneck is the speed at which the Phantom writes to the card and that faster cards don't perform any better.
Yes, most extreme speed cards are. Though personally if I had a PRO and recording in 4K and it's higher bit rate I'd try to eliminate the card as any possible bottleneck.

For most ADV users the 2.7K feed shouldn't push the limits of most U1 rated cards, but I'd avoid 'dodgy' brands and sources.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.