Micro sd cards. Whats best.

I have a 64gig Samsung. Works great but sometimes I have a hell of a time getting files deleted off of it.

16 is plenty.

You can use 64. Havent tried larger.

I prefer a handful of smaller cards and swap out before each flight. I dont see the point in risking a day or more of footage and images being lost if i crash and cant recover the AC or the card dies.

I use 64G card. Thats the limit as per the specs. That's good for me. Use min class 10/ U1. Prices of higher speeds cards are also dipping. Pick the highest speed card at the reasonable price but use from reputed manufacture as their are fake cards are also available these days.

Hi I use 128gb Samsung Card with no problem at all.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: allcal
Just wondering what people are using for sd storage?
I usually use a Lexar 633x or SanDisk Extreme. You can find a list of the most commonly used memory cards here.

I've tested many class 10 memory cards (even the cheapest I could find on Amazon) and they all worked. The only real difference was the speed of transferring files to/from my computer. If that's of concern, then go with a memory card that has a high write speed.

Whats the largest we can use in the Phantom 4?
DJI lists 64 GB in their specs, but many people have successfully used larger memory cards.

I take a different approach. I use 16gb, cheap cards and swap them when I swap batteries. I always have enough space for recording during the 25 min flights.

I don't like to spend money on "bigger and better" when there is no real payback.

The post above makes a good point about transfer speed to the computer. I have a USB 3.0 and the speed is fine with that

If you transfer the videos to your computer after each flight, you could easily get away with an 8 Gb card. On the other hand, if you go on long trips where you won't be near a computer, then a larger capacity card will allow you to store a lot of video until you have the opportunity to download it.

I promptly download everything and clear the card after each flight so I don't really need high capacity. Like BarryP, I use 16 Gb cards. One goes in the P4 and I always have at least one in the carry case which can also be used should I encounter a situation where I need more storage

Plus, I occasionally forget to put the card back in the P4 and I once got stuck without a card after I drove 25 miles to fly around an interesting spot. With a spare in the case, this can't happen :)

Pound for pound, this is the best one you can get right now IMO.

It's super fast and I've been getting practically zero frame drop.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W77C1QU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467648057&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=pny+turbo+64&dpPl=1&dpID=41eMpIqoIqL&ref=

This is the best though and it's UHS-3 and none of the others are.

Amazon.com: Samsung Pro Plus 64GB MicroSDXC Memory Card --- 95MB/s Read, 90MB/s Write: Computers & Accessories

The one above will never fall below 60mbs write speed which means it will NEVER have a drop frame on contious because to be UHS-3 you must never fall below 65mbs.

Don't be confused with the 3 on the card, it's a UHS-1. This is the only UHS-3 I've found.

I've got both the pny and Samsung pro they are both equal when recoding 4K

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic