Micro SD Cards --- Good - Bad

I have been using all the gopro models so far and have been using transcend cards since my first gopro hero1. I have seen many people complaining of sandisk cards but I havent had even a single problem with transcends. I shoot terrabyte of videos every year with my gopros and use all resolution-fps combos, they work like a charm!

I think one of the problems is that GoPro themselves never really recommended the right Sandisk by name.. they just said 'Class 10"
which the Sandisk Ultra is, but at the same time, is not up to snuff for people shooing 2.7k Protune or other formats that push the limits of the cards.
The Sandisk Extreme and Extreme Plus (and Extreme Pro) are the ones to consider.
this webpage explains the differences
http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/

Gizmo3000 said:
I think one of the problems is that GoPro themselves never really recommended the right Sandisk by name.. they just said 'Class 10"
which the Sandisk Ultra is, but at the same time, is not up to snuff for people shooing 2.7k Protune or other formats that push the limits of the cards.
The Sandisk Extreme and Extreme Plus (and Extreme Pro) are the ones to consider.
this webpage explains the differences
http://www.sandisk.com/products/memory-cards/microsd/

Gopro does in fact list Sandisk by Extreme on the link I posted above. They actually go into good detail for each of their current cameras available.

I've been pleased with Toshiba ones, the first one I got was £15 for 32GB, now they are £10.99 so I got two more.
Stupendous value really for class 10.

Sandisk are good but also the most copied by far - so much so I tend to avoid them now.
Even reputable sellers have been caught out.

It's funny really my first digital camera came with a 16MB card which would hold about 15 jpg files or three tiffs.
After much consideration aI bought a huge 64mb card for about £32 and it held 100 shots, the wonders of technology - it seemed so good at the time compared to film costs.

Sandisk 32GB Extreme 45MB/s SDSDQXL-032G $35

If your computer has USB 3.0 port you should get a USB 3.0 USB reader. Usually the port itself is blue.
I recommend the trancend ones you can find on ebay for $10.

Many people complain about memory card speed being slow is because they are using USB 2.0 ports which maxes out 35MB/s or way less depending on the system.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj