Micro-SD card

Reaction score
The DJI FC40 camera installation instructions says to "insert the micro-SD card. I don't see any evidence of having received one in my quadcopter box. Is this something a purchase at an electronics store, like Best Buy?

hipster2014 said:
The DJI FC40 camera installation instructions says to "insert the micro-SD card. I don't see any evidence of having received one in my quadcopter box. Is this something a purchase at an electronics store, like Best Buy?

Phantom FC40, user manual lists the micro-SD memory card as "required item".

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I see that...but have not yet absorbed the DJI vocabulary. Is a "required item" something that the user (me) has to supply?...and if so, is it a standard item that can be attained at an electronics store?

hipster2014 said:
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I see that...but have not yet absorbed the DJI vocabulary. Is a "required item" something that the user (me) has to supply?...and if so, is it a standard item that can be attained at an electronics store?

Electronics, photograhpy, cell phones, markets, etc... may depend in which country you live. Don't buy the cheapest. I rely on SanDisk or Kingston brands.

hipster2014 said:

You have to buy one, I know it sucks, but we all had to do it. You can buy a card at most drug stores, but I wouldn't. I've never used my camera so I can't recommend a card for you, but I'm sure one of the other guys will be able to link one for you.

The FC40 group is the best **** group in the whole of Phantom Pilots. :)

Thanks, all. Bought a Sandisc. seems fine. Now is there any instruction or Youtube video that tells me how to get the camera charged, up and recording??

.... wow man

RTFM if you are going that far to ask. I mean... you just asked us if there are youtube videos showing you what to do...instead of going to youtube and searching.... or using google... or reading the manual....

Considering the questions I've seen asked in this thread, I highly recommend returning the phantom and buying a cheapo Hubsan to practice with. ($50)

I have a bad feeling you will crash and burn fast. It doesn't seem that you are well versed in what it really takes to fly one of these.
Hate to see that money go to waste.

Yeah, just for the record Dragon isn't in our group, I think he has a vision+.

Anyway here's a great video to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6LOqBP8FY

And I think what Dragon was trying to say, but not very well, is there's a huge amount of reading involved with this. We highly recommend that you read the manual numerous times, it's a lot to take in. Print it out, leave it in the bathroom, it's where I do some of my best thinking. ;)

But if you have any questions, that's what the forum is for, so ask away.

CarlJ said:

Nope, I got an FC40 lol
I'm all for helping. I am NOT all for baby-stepping someone through a process that just simply did not read or attempt to do any research. Give me a good attempt and I will help you out the best I can, as many people here have done for me.

Ask me if there are youtube vids for a basic question, well... you saw my post ;p

dragonash said:
CarlJ said:

Nope, I got an FC40 lol
I'm all for helping. I am NOT all for baby-stepping someone through a process that just simply did not read or attempt to do any research. Give me a good attempt and I will help you out the best I can, as many people here have done for me.

Ask me if there are youtube vids for a basic question, well... you saw my post ;p

Yeah, but, his only crime is that he's new. I don't really think suggesting he sell his quad before he "crashes and burns" can be counted as positive reinforcement. You do try to help...a lot, and you're right to point out that this is a hobby that requires a lot of research.

And the Vision+ thing was really a dig at them, they're always crying about something over there. :cool:

Make sure whatever card you get is a class 10 card. The camera seems to run better with cards no larger than 16gb. The 32gb cards don't play with it as well, and you can get a ton of video on a small card. Unless you never take anything off of the card you can probably get by with a 8gb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarlJ said:
Yeah, but, his only crime is that he's new.

I disagree. Being new is not a crime. Not bothering to read the manual and then coming here for instruction on VERY BASIC subjects because the OP was too lazy to read.....that's a crime! The OP didn't say he read and didn't understand, he didn't bother to take even a very basic step.

RedRyderMedia said:
CarlJ said:
Yeah, but, his only crime is that he's new.

I disagree. Being new is not a crime. Not bothering to read the manual and then coming here for instruction on VERY BASIC subjects because the OP was too lazy to read.....that's a crime! The OP didn't say he read and didn't understand, he didn't bother to take even a very basic step.

Maybe he didn't even know there WAS a manual after checking the box like any sane person would. You're not required to read nor respond to any post, but if you make that choice, then can you also not choose to be positive about it? At least until you have all the facts?

Hi,

I'm new to the world of drones and I've been monitoring the videos and chat before I invest in one. I live in Denmark and teach economics, marketing and business studies.

I've been reading this topic and can't help but laugh - unbelievable!

I firmly agree with 'RedRyderMedia'. I see this kind of thing all the time, people not bothering to put in even the minimum effort and looking for 'help' so they don't have to. This is normally the domain of students who do nothing all semester, cram for the exam by reading all the chapter summaries and wonder why they didn't get a higher grade.

I keep thinking how this would have worked in the 80's - "I bought this Walkman and the manual says 'insert cassette here', but there's no cassette in the box"

I suspect 'hipster2014' is 50+, and bought the drone because he either saw someone else using one, saw a report on TV and wanted in on the next cool thing or he's bought it for his kid. Either way, he's definitely not technically minded.

So guys - I'm thinking of getting a drone for a tour guide friend so he can make a little extra cash by providing his clients with aerial footage in some of the locations. I'm thinking the Phantom 2 V+ - only because its an all in package.

Is it worth it? - budget to consider (€2000)

Or is there another set-up to look at?

Post replies on: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17163

HKG said:
I suspect 'hipster2014' is 50+, and bought the drone because he either saw someone else using one, saw a report on TV and wanted in on the next cool thing or he's bought it for his kid. Either way, he's definitely not technically minded.

I dont know... his name really makes me feel that he is just another Occupy Wall Street guy wanting someone else to get the job done for him.

Reply going to original thread ;p

HKG said:

A veritable cornucopia of assumptions, for one so technically minded.

CarlJ said:
HKG said:

CarJ - Thank you for your contribution.

I used the word 'suspect' since my conclusions could not be verified with certainty (Dictionary.com - 'to believe to be the case or to be likely or probable').

Your usage of the word 'assumption' is an inaccurate reference to my comments (Dictionary.com - 'the act of taking for granted or supposing').

For example: I suspect you to be American, but do not assume that you are.

Technically minded? - Not very much
Academically minded? - Very much so

P.S. Like the stuff on 3D Camera Tracking - Very nice.

Care to contribute to: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17163
Maybe help with the website?

HKG said:
CarlJ said:
HKG said:

CarJ - Thank you for your contribution.

I used the word 'suspect' since my conclusions could not be verified with certainty (Dictionary.com - 'to believe to be the case or to be likely or probable').

Your usage of the word 'assumption' is an inaccurate reference to my comments (Dictionary.com - 'the act of taking for granted or supposing').

For example: I suspect you to be American, but do not assume that you are.

Technically minded? - Not very much
Academically minded? - Very much so

P.S. Like the stuff on 3D Camera Tracking - Very nice.

Care to contribute to: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17163
Maybe help with the website?

Your English is flawless, and one would assume you're American as well (better watch that), but that may not be true as I have read that you hail from Denmark. If I suspected you were from Denmark, I would also be suspicious (implying mistrust), an example "suspected terrorist".

Another dead giveaway is you're so **** polite.

Don't be afraid of the stuff in the 3D Camera Tracking thread, jump right on in there, you would be most welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic