Micro SD card won't engage

Reaction score
Recently I attempted to insert my micro SD card into my P2V+ and it wouldn't engage. Generally you insert the card, get an audible 'click' and the there stays the card. Now a get the 'click', but the card won't engage and stay in the slot. The spring tension is still there, but of course it wants to eject the card. Has this happened to anyone else? Because I use the PV2+ for certain work projects, I can't send it in for repairs just now and have had to revert to taping the card in place, which BTW works and the I still am able to record pics and videos. Any suggestions other than sending it away for repairs? Thanks in advance.

Man it sounds like you need a new card socket. Bummer don't know what to tell you.
I assume you tried different cards.
I just wanted to offer my condolences since no one was answering you. I think we're all stunned.

You did push it in with your fingernail further than the flush area of the camera. Has to go in deeper to lock. Just covering all bases!

Yeah I was kind of hoping this was a known problem, but no such luck. I'll plan on sending it in for a repair once the summer season is over and can report back if anyone is interested. Thanks!

Its a pretty simple fix most of the time. You must however have a working knowledge of dissembling the gimbal.

Jeremy

Its a pretty simple fix most of the time. You must however have a working knowledge of dissembling the gimbal.
Jeremy

Assuming one does have a working knowledge of disassembling the gimbal, what are the specific steps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic