micro SD card will not read in card reader

Reaction score
My micro SD cards will not read in my USB card reader. The only way I can get photos taken by my Phantom 2 Vision + into my computer for processing is to connect the Phantom itself which of course uses the battery. Have tried formatting the card in both in the Phantom app and in the computer but still there are no files showing on the card when I use the reader. Have tried 3 micro SD cards and all are the same so it is not a defective card. The reader itself is a USB3 reader which reads perfectly with cards from any other source suck as my Nikon camera.

Another problem is that a 32GB card I have also only reads from the Phantom but then it is shown as only a 4 GB card rather than 32 GB on the computer. Am using Windows 7 64bit...is there a conflict with this system? Has anyone else had this problem? Love the Phantom...simple to fly and very stable but this problem has me stumped!

Yep had similar problem .. now I use an SD card converter and it works.Just put micro SD into converter card and plug into the SD socket...

Have put the micro card into the SD converter/adapter as well but still no files at all on the card show up on my computer. But when I put it back in the gimbal on the Phantom and plug the it into the computer all the files are there. Called a couple of places listed by DJI as tech support folks...they had no answers either. Am ready to send it back to B&H which I hate to do as there has to be a solution. Am calling B&H tomorrow. Thanks for the reply

They did say not to shut things off in mid-stream or there can be problems.

IDEA : Search internet for a free program that rescues deleted files on harddrives and cards. They work well.

Not sure why you have this glitch. Sounds like the Phantom is not 'closing' the card, thus somehow leaving the index system in limbo.

I use Windows 7 - 64 bit on my lappy, which is a Dell Inspiron with an i5 processor. I have not had this problem. My lappy has an SD card slot, so I use a converter card and it works fine. I don't think Windows 7 is your problem.

My interest the Phantom came from a friend who let me try his out with still photos, my primary interest as a real estate photographer, and the card he gave me to work up in Photoshop read perfectly in my reader. I still have it and tried it again to check whether something had happened to my reader but card still reads perfectly. Must be something wrong with the card system in the gimbal so am going to talk with B&H tomorrow. Thanks for the replies and attempts to help!

It is vital to turn the camera off and stop video before powering down the Phantom, this allows the card to finish and write complete the video data. It is the single most common problem when these symptoms are brought up.

I have the same issue. I use the device or I have one multi connect do-hicky that works but most like my SanDisk reader, with the SanDisk adapter, and a SanDisk micro will not be seen for nothing (other brands too)!

SD cards often have issues being read by other devices, not a dji issue at all. Be happy you can leave it in drone and plug in and get pixs. Try other computers if you insist taking it out. I have 5 computers here; 3 never read most SD cards from my dji or trail cameras, 1 does all, last does some sometmes, randomly. This is not a dji issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

IMG_1634.JPG
I'm having the same exact problem. I was able to read the SD card the very first time but now my computer only recognizes that a reader has been plugged in but says "no disk is inserted." I am unable to reformat on a computer & but have formatted through the P3S app. Also I have tried 4 computers total 2 PC & 2 Mac with no luck. I have also tried 2 different cards. I am able to connect the P3S to my computer for the transfer. Are you able to download the high res videos and pictures to your phone?

Attachments

• IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 599

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj