Micro SD card slot won't hold card.

Reaction score
I bought my drone about a week ago, and have been flying it since with no problems. Just the other day I tried putting in my sd card and it "clicks" but doesn't hold it in. Should I try to tape it in the meantime? Will DJI cover this in their warranty? I'm assuming I'd have to ship it back to them and I've heard that will take a while.
Any tips/ advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Make sure the card is oriented correctly. Use a fingernail to press it all the way in. If it still fails to lock, you will need to send the 'copter in for a warranty repair - though you might get away, temporarily, with using tape or wedging a piece of paper in the slot above the card..

-- Roger

Reactions: Sambrooklyn
Make sure the card is oriented correctly. Use a fingernail to press it all the way in. If it still fails to lock, you will need to send the 'copter in for a warranty repair - though you might get away, temporarily, with using tape or wedging a piece of paper in the slot above the card..

-- Roger
make sure the tab on the card is not damaged

Ya I tried 2 different cards. Both didn't work :/
I suppose I have to email DJI about it. They never have on the phone support.
On the other hand this forum has been great. Thanks guys

If you purchased from a Dealer contact them first. You may be able to exchange your bird with the dealer because of a DOA product. If you send it to DJI it possibly could take a while to get repaired.

I just had the same issue. I've only had mine for 3 days. I'm going to call B&H tomorrow. Curious as to what happened with you?

Had the same exact issue. The card kept springing back out and wouldn't sit in the slot. I returned mine to the dealer I bought from and got a replacement.

I'll chime in here that mine did the same exact thing after 2 uses. I returned mine to the dealer and was sent a new one after they inspected it.

I'll chime in here that mine did the same exact thing after 2 uses. I returned mine to the dealer and was sent a new one after they inspected it.
I think I have seen this issue as DJI acknowledged issue on DJI phorum, manufacturing error for some batch of P3s

Mine started this Friday. I also bought from DJI. I emailed them Saturday, but haven't heard back. I will try to get them by calling or chat today. I wish they would simply exchange the gimble/camera, I would gladly give them a credit card # to ensure I returned the broken unit. I hate to lose my P3 for 8-10 weeks for something I could fix if they would send me the part. Keep us posted!

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Mine started this Friday. I also bought from DJI. I emailed them Saturday, but haven't heard back. I will try to get them by calling or chat today. I wish they would simply exchange the gimble/camera, I would gladly give them a credit card # to ensure I returned the broken unit. I hate to lose my P3 for 8-10 weeks for something I could fix if they would send me the part. Keep us posted!
Im with you this could solve many of DJI warranty complaints! A simple policy change to send them a new one with CC# when old one is returned and found defective no charge . I had a P3P with faulty gimbal vibration out of box contacted next day was told had to do RMA to service dealer and would be repaired> So here I am 7 weeks later and still birdless had I not sucked it up a bought a 2nd one from Amazon
which with my bad luck had the dreaded horizon issue boxed it up called Amazon .They send me return label paid and shipped me a new one the day UPS picked up the old one. Now that is customer service!!!! Still flying my 2nd one and still waiting for my P3P from DJI uugggg

the first card, 16gb Lexar 633x, fits and holds perfectly. I bought a Lexar 64gb and it won't click in or record anything. taking it back today.

Yep, this process is called advanced replacement, a very common practice to keep customers happy, but liable. When I bought a Yuneec Q500+ in March it had a bad gimbal. I called Yuneec Monday, I had a replacement three days later on Thursday. I returned the bad one in the same box Friday using a prepaid shipping label they included. Great service by Yuneec.

Mine had worked perfectly on my P3 Adv for nearly 4 months, but last night after I removed the card to view the photos and videos on my laptop, it would not go back in. It makes an audible click, but it will not hold the card. I've tried 3 different cards, and none of them will seat properly in the slot. I'm not sure how those slots are made, but my guess is a latch of some sort must have broken. All 3 cards, incidentally, work perfectly fine in my laptop card reader.

I guess it's time to contact DJI support. Unfortunately, I bought mine directly from DJI so I'll have to ship it back for warranty repairs.

I have a defective sim card slot also, Phantom 4, just purchased 10 days ago. I purchased it from Best Buy, going to see if they'll exchange it for me. I called DJI support, they said it would take 3 weeks to a month to return it back to me. Not good! I told them there were hundreds of folks out there with the same problem, just check the internet which is full of YouTube videos and posts, such as these. I told them that this had been a problem with the P3, but it was not fixed. I asked why they continued to sell and distribute a defective product. They could only say to send it back and they would fix it. This is happening to the P4 and they know they're selling a defective product, that's not right. I love the machine, it does everything that was advertised. But a simple thing like this, caused by a low grade sd card holder during manufacturing in China, messes up the fun for everyone who has invested $1,500.

Problem fixed, no thanks to DJI Support! If you buy one of these machines direct from DJI, your service will have to be with them. For that very reason I purchased my P-4 from Best Buy in San Bernardino, CA. I called them yesterday, told them my problem, they said they had three P-4's in stock, they would make an exchange with me with no problems. I've since made my exchange and personally made an inspection of the SD card slot before leaving the store. This problem is costing DJI more to repair and ship defective products than it would be to fix the inferior SD card holder in the bird. I'm hoping nothing further goes wrong - Best Buy only has an exchange policy for 14 days after the purchase is made.

Advise against wedging or tape as a temporary fix. "If" the micro sd card should fall free in flight, you will say goodbye to your precious pics and or video... Best to have it repaired or replaced.
Good luck and best wishes, hopefully it doesn't take too long...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Falcon900
I have had the same issue on a P4 that is about 4 months old. Very frustrating. As large as DJI is becoming, I hope they will invest in better customer service and more repair options. Not having the P4 available when needed for 4-6 weeks will be a big deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues