Micro-SD Card recommendations

Reaction score
Does DJI recommend particular cards for the P4P? I have SanDisk cards that are rated up to 90mb/sec, but I am wondering if that is fast enough for the 4K stream that the new unit can capture. Any feedback? Thanks.

You ca find a list of memory cards that are known to work well here. Other memory cards with similar specs to those listed should also be okay.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links. Wondering if you could help me narrow down best options. Getting the P4P with an aim toward mostly shooting stills but also 4k @60fps.

Sandisk Extreme 64 SDXC UHS3, V30, Class 10 for 4k = $30 at Amazon
Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 SDXC UHS 3 = $44 at Amazon
Sandisk Pixtor Advanced 64 SDXC UHS3 Class 10 = $25 at Best Buy

Never heard of the Pixtor variety but price is great. I've only used Sandisk CF cards in my Canon 5D mk III and they have been rock solid so prefer to stay with that brand.

Thanks!

I would expect that any UHS-3 card would do nicely. There are also the new 'V' ratings for video (V30 should be fine for 4K work) but not sure how important that is. I believe the V rating requires hardware compatibility on the device end, GoPro supports it, not sure it is meaningful with DJI. Basically look for a UHS-3 card, maybe overkill but it should provide top performance for high-bandwidth 4K.

Wondering if you could help me narrow down best options. Getting the P4P with an aim toward mostly shooting stills but also 4k @60fps.
The P4P has a max video bitrate of 100 Mbps (12.5 MB/s). Any of the memory cards listed here will be sufficient.

Reactions: Dronefriend
Indeed. But you should also check the read speed. Typically, the more expensive cards (e.g. SanDisk Extreme, Extreme Pro) will have much higher read speeds, which can be a real time saver when downloading many large 4K video files. For example, a UHS-II card can be up to 3x faster for reads. Check out this link for a comparison.

But you should also check the read speed.
The write speed is most important. Manufacturers selling memory cards with lower writes speed often try to cover that up by only advertising the read speed.

The write speed is most important. Manufacturers selling memory cards with lower writes speed often try to cover that up by only advertising the read speed.

I don't disagree that is important. Perhaps I was unclear. Simply suggesting folks look at the read speed as well when making a purchase decision, as a card with fast write speeds does not necessarily get you a corresponding bump in read speed.

Looks like we don't need to worry about read speed with high performance/write speed SD cards; I can see they got all average read speed of around 90 MB/s with little variation between cards. Saying with best ones selected;
cd9fedc2a2d3d0e92f77bf3ff330e1bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Looks like we don't need to worry about read speed with high performance/write speed SD cards; I can see they got all average read speed of around 90 MB/s with little variation between cards. Saying with best ones selected;
cd9fedc2a2d3d0e92f77bf3ff330e1bc.jpg

Card names truncated, but yes, the higher speed cards like a Sandisk Extreme, etc will be fine. Not so much a card like a Sandisk Ultra, which is OK for write but less so for read. The whole point of this discussion, for someone looking to buy a card, is simply to check the specs and don't assume that the name used on the card or some number like 133x means you are going to get the best card for your money. Caveat emptor.

What card would y'all recommend for the new P4P? I've been using the Lexar "1000x" and I really do not like it. It is extremely flimsy feeling and temperamental r/w speeds.

What card would y'all recommend for the new P4P? I've been using the Lexar "1000x" and I really do not like it. It is extremely flimsy feeling and temperamental r/w speeds.
this is what I use all the time and have never had a problem. I do use some 32 GB one also, they are a little cheaper. the 64 on amazon I believe you can find the same card a little cheaper tho. and maybe even the 128 Gb might be cheaper also. the new P4P now supports the bigger capacity like the 128.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016YJUMJ4?psc=1

Reactions: thedjtec
this is what I use all the time and have never had a problem. I do use some 32 GB one also, they are a little cheaper. the 64 on amazon I believe you can find the same card a little cheaper tho. and maybe even the 128 Gb might be cheaper also. the new P4P now supports the bigger capacity like the 128.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016YJUMJ4?psc=1
Thanks! I just checked them out on Amazon! The 64 is $25 and the 32 is $39! What?! :p

Beware existence of fake or QC failed sdcards; potential risks with cheap ones but can be special offer.

Last edited:
This is what I ordered, about the best price going for a UHS-3 speed class card. (The text says 'UHS-1' but is in error, the card is actually UHS-3 as per the picture.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HU3Q6S4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use that same card. Got it from Best Buy. They're off the shelf price was $150 but they price match at $49. Quite a bit more than on amazon but good enough when you can get it today and not have to wait for it.

Reactions: tak5501
I use that same card. Got it from Best Buy. They're off the shelf price was $150 but they price match at $49. Quite a bit more than on amazon but good enough when you can get it today and not have to wait for it.
The Amazon pricing is just incredible for such a fast card from a good brand.

Reactions: tak5501 and DrillRX

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers