Micro SD card downloaded, now a problem!

Thank you all for the help!!! I will let you all know what I have learned after I get to fly and try another SD Card. Thanks Again!

Thank you all for the help!!! I will let you all know what I have learned after I get to fly and try another SD Card. Thanks Again!

If the sd card is in fact corrupt do not waste your time or money on software to save those files as most of those programs to not work.

Last edited:
Bad news, I have tried two SD cards and the file is the same, can not open it! Could I have set something on the Copter to cause it to use a different setting?

Just maybe I have figured it out!!! I have formatted the SD card through the Copter and a test video works, I had formatted both cards by using an adapter for the micro SD plugging directly into the computer, Time will tell! I have a large river front farm to Video tomorrow.

Sorry if this is redundant but since I had the same problem...winddriver and connecting usb on side of camera to Desktop computer was the only way I got the files to read..

Sorry if this is redundant but since I had the same problem...winddriver and connecting usb on side of camera to Desktop computer was the only way I got the files to read..

What camera are you referring to the GoPro or DJI vision camera.

Never gave it much thought with any of my cameras whether I format in camera or on the computer I have never had a problem.

May not be related, but one of my older Canon DSLR can only use memory cards above 4GB if they are formatted in the PC using some extra command line options. The card can be emptied via the camera itself (delete all) but if formatted within the camera there are problems.

Can you try a different memory card, or try the card in a friend's Phantom?

Thanks all! I am going out for a shoot now and will let you know how it turns out! My short test yesterday after formatting it as gingerbloke said the only way I could open the file! We will see!

May not be related, but one of my older Canon DSLR can only use memory cards above 4GB if they are formatted in the PC using some extra command line options. The card can be emptied via the camera itself (delete all) but if formatted within the camera there are problems.

Can you try a different memory card, or try the card in a friend's Phantom?

I have 2 Canon DSLR's and 3 GoPro's a hero 2, 3+silver and 3+ black with a 5.4mm f/2.5 10mp lens installed and that lens is perfect no jello or fisheye. Because I am using H3-2D gimbal there are no landing gear or props in the video at faster speeds due to the pitch angle. SD cards SanDisk 16Gb for the DSLR's and 16Gb micro's on the P2.

Last edited:
Now here is something to roll around inside those brains! I did 3 shoots yesterday, the first and second with the same SD card that I had formatted the day before. They where 8 minutes each, because I only had 4 minutes of battery left and I was filming 10 feet above the river, for my third shoot I switched batteries to a fully charged one and then took another 8 minutes of video. I get to my office and downloaded directly from my Copter and the first 2 or perfect and the one with the battery change will not open! The files are MP4 just as the other 2 but the Icon looks like a film reel and a music not in front of it! The good ones have a pictures of the river shoot.

I have 2 Canon DSLR's and 3 GoPro's a hero 2, 3+silver and 3+ black with a 5.4mm f/2.5 10mp lens installed and that lens is perfect no jello or fisheye. Because I am using H3-2D gimbal there are no landing gear or props in the video at faster speeds due to the pitch angle. SD cards SanDisk 16Gb for the DSLR's and 16Gb micro's on the P2.

This video yesterday was with the 4GB that came with the Phantom. I have also been using a 32 GB, but didn't have a chance to try it yesterday, but I have had the same problems with both!

So Far! I had two flights yesterday 7-8 minutes each and didn't change batteries and DID make sure I cut the recording off before I started shouting down and at least both of these worked. FYI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers