Michigan Laws

ProfessorStein said:
.....The FAA is absolutely the entity that has the task of enforcing the laws concerning the US airspace. I think what you are eluding to with "has no authority" is, while the FAA can (and has) issue restrictions and guidelines, there are few laws on the books that the FAA can use to back up those restrictions (as they pertain to drones). It's very much like a dog who barks a lot but has no teeth.

The US Congress is the entity that writes and passes the federal laws. And once it passes laws concerning drones (and I have every expectation that they will... eventually... but like everything else in Washington, it may take many many years), the FAA will have the authority to enforce them (or oversee their enforcement by local authorities).....
Agreed. Well stated

Hi, I live here in mid-Michigan Flint - Birch Run - Saginaw area looking for places to get in some practice/flying. I'm receiving my Mavic Air today :). Any ideas that are legal area's would be most appreciated. In addition, has anyone here flown in Michigan State parks without any problems? If so, where? Thanks, Ray

Hi, I live here in mid-Michigan Flint - Birch Run - Saginaw area .looking for places to get in some practice/flying. I'm receiving my Mavic Air today :). Any ideas that are legal area's would be most appreciated. In addition, has anyone here flown in Michigan State parks without any problems? If so, where? Thanks, Ray
I am in Swartz Creek and have been wondering the same thing. No State Parks will let us fly, but State owned land is a different story. AirMap does a good job of showing bird and animal sanctuaries that we can not fly in. State Game Areas are good this time of year because there are no hunters out in those areas now. It is just a matter of getting your foot in the door with some private land owners. Farmers come to mind immediately.
I droned a house out in the country for a friend this morning and emailed them the photos during lunch. I got invited back to fly all I want, and I am going to do their daughters farm when they get back from vacation. That will be another place to fly. I will be turning down places to fly pretty soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers