Michigan (Detroit Area)

I'm in Saint Clair Shores. Been practicing out at Memorial Park. Planning to go to Belle Isle, also downtown Detroit to see if I can't find a safe place to snap some arials of Campus Martius. Also a few river front parks that look safe enough to fly around.

West Riverfront Park - Detroit
Google Maps

Belle Isle would be the safest was there myself this past summer. With the new FAA registration and them asking police to do their enforcement for them I'd stay out of the downtown area altogether..

Hi all! I live in Kansas, however my job has me traveling to Detroit (Livonia/Canton) every week. I'm still new to phantom and drones, but if there are others in that general vicinity, I'd love to bring my bird with me and meet up sometime to go fly! I'll be up in Livonia Monday-Thursday every week! Thanks for posting:)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Detroit has a drone club but they are into racing... Nothing wrong with that but I enjoy just flying taking photos and videos... I would like to see a bunch of guys start a club to compare notes, ask questions, show off some photos and videos...

Thanks for the welcome Chad. I live on a canal and flew over it yesterday. Only 30ft wide so no big deal but seemed like 300ft when it was going over. not really but yes still pucker factor at the time.

Yea, I worked up a lot of courage and flew mine out around the Mackinac Bridge. Talk about a pucker factor ;)

Eventually you learn to trust in yourself and your craft, takes time.

So where does everyone take off and land for their flights around SE Michigan? I saw that some people fly at stoney creek, but they are regulations inside the park saying no aircraft (drone or otherwise) shall be allowed on premise. I am just confused as to where to fly seeing all the restrictions and that around here we are almost always 5miles from an airport.

I'm new to Drones, here in Oakland County and the Detroit area. I'm going to try it out tomorrow at Kensington. Who's out there??

I just take off and land from the Detroit river from my boat in us water. I think that's legal? Seeing how they stop you from taking off or landing in most parks. I think mainly most accidents happen when landing and taking off and where people are around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik