Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Miami Trip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by metal69rock, Mar 26, 2016.

1. metal69rock

Going to Miami this summer. Any suggestions on where it is permitted to fly with no issues? Any recommendations on great places to go for the best shots in and around Miami? Will appreciate the feedback. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. ryantrax

It's been a long time since I've been to Miami I know the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is beautiful but I don't know if they allow drone activity.

3. JKDSensei

I haven't seen him in a while, but there's a Miami cop on this forum who always says just fly like you want to in Miami and don't worry about it.
    But...Florida passed a law that makes it illegal to fly over private property if there a "reasonable expectation of privacy".
    My take is that there's sky over every piece of private property....so between satellites, helicopters, banner towing planes etc...expecting privacy is unreasonable.

They're probably talking about trying to look inside peoples houses.

4. metal69rock

Thanks for tip JKDSensei. Unfortunately the Vizcaya Museum is a no fly zone. I will keep on researching.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. jlazz447

Will be in Miami next week from May 12 - 16th for a golf vacation with a few friends. anyone looking to meet up and fly around this area? Also into regular photography, long walks on the beach... nothing out of the ordinary:tonguewink:

6. metal69rock

Good luck driving in Miami. The roads are full aholes and bastards. https://media4.giphy.com/media/2ndJ4h123cpdC/giphy.gif
    It totally made my vacation less than a vacation. I could scratch off Miami off my list. Never going back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Zeprider likes this.
  7. Zeprider

Check the Sock is a good starting place for "Park Flyers".

www.checkthesock.com

RC Groups

RC Maps - RC Groups

And I cannot find it right now but I saw a Google Map that displayed all the non-park oriented safe flying zones. Gotta find it again. It included the Lighthouse on Key Largo.

8. metal69rock