MIAMI BEACH / MIAMI DRONE LAWS?

@Fantasmagorico It all depends on what you want to capture. You have the Port of Miami, South Pointe Park, all of Miami Beach, Julia Tuttle and MacArthur causeways, etc. I tend to just go anywhere and once I get up in the air, I make with what I have in front of me. Just get up in the air and have fun...

@antdon Listen up Brother, no need for all this legal mumbo jumbo. I'm actually a City of Miami Police Motorcycle Officer and I see people flying all the time to include myself without any worries. Like a few said here, as long as you're not doing anything stupid with it, you're gonna be absolutely fine. Miami Beach alone you're gonna get some great shots from Government Cut to Ocean Avenue to South Beach itself. Matterfact when you get in, DM me and I could show you some good spots for footage...

Good Afternoon Hjones! i'll be in Miami next week from Thursday- Monday visiting a friend with some buddies. we are actually playing Doral :X I'm guessing I wont be able to get any aerial shots of the course with all the airports around there huh?

@antdon Listen up Brother, no need for all this legal mumbo jumbo. I'm actually a City of Miami Police Motorcycle Officer and I see people flying all the time to include myself without any worries. Like a few said here, as long as you're not doing anything stupid with it, you're gonna be absolutely fine. Miami Beach alone you're gonna get some great shots from Government Cut to Ocean Avenue to South Beach itself. Matterfact when you get in, DM me and I could show you some good spots for footage...

HI there, i was doing research about flying in Miami and found your Post. I am going to Miami in a few month and was planning to buy a Phantom 4 Pro and get some shoots from South Beach, i do not want to do anything illegal, so is that ok? or is there any law that you know that Prohibits flying on Miami Beach?
I am from Argentina, licenced drone pilot here and been flying Donres for over 5 years now.
Thanks in advance ..

I have asked law enforcement officers what is their opinion of reasonable is and I seem to get the same response every time. Basically what I am told is if you are in an area of your home or property that is viewable by the public you do not have the reasonable right to privacy. For example I have 2 - 7' picture windows in my living room that faces a busy a road. If I leave my curtains open and walk around with no cloths on and someone takes a picture of me I do not have the reasonable right to privacy because my windows face where the public goes past. I asked about being in your backyard and again was told if you can be viewed from an airplane or helicopter going over you do not have a reasonable right to privacy. He referenced the phantom and said if someone were to drop down into someone's back yard and start looking at the home then that would be an invasion of privacy. They did not advise flying over peoples property but said there is nothing anyone can do except file a complaint. The word he said that was used was curtilage.
Curtilage is a legal term of art most costly associated with 4th amendment issues. While there is likely a lot of overlap with the general concept of a "right to privacy" I am not confident they are necessarily synonymous in this instance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20