Method of fly higher than limit 500m

Not mine, I just found this post in China official DJI forum, look very interesting, of course not recommend to do so, actually after this guy post in forum not too long, DJI already delete the post and block this guy ID

Cannot see the video of the launch process, only a picture.
From theoretical point of view, yes it could work.
The firmware could block it and I would even say it should as it looks like a barometer sensor failure when you release the "vacuum", it is abnormal to have such sudden drop in altitude.
I assume the motors are still off otherwise the P3 will think it dropped like the hell and the motors would go in full.
So if DJI was not happy with it, you know what will be in the next firmware revision.

I dont seem to remember the first phantom having any sort of altitude limiter on it. Can someone hack that naza firmware and transfer it over somehow?

It's neat, but seems like a lot of work. The practical use really isn't there. And who has a huge *** glass vacuum chamber just hanging out?

It is strange that the flight controller didn't react when pressure is restored. Most probably it is still in "landed" mode and the controller didn't care of the altitude before it is really take the command to take off. In the future DJI could change that and take the zero at the take off time, not when motors are started.
But in any case it is not because something is possible to do that it is a good idea to do it.

I think it would be just for the challenge of doing it at least once. Some of us have wished we could go beyond the 500-meter height at least once. This is not that much different than so many of us going to the limit of how far as we can fly in a straight line and return safely.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

There is a work around on the height limit but it would be irresponsible of me to tell you what it is. If you look hard enough I am sure you will find it. Also saves me getting hassle from fellow members too. Because if I were to say how to do it one would assume that I condone flying above the limits where actually the opposite is true.

I confess I did fly very high once but it was in a safe area and I only did it just to see how high I could get. Straight up then straight down again. I have to say it does seem to take forever to descend again after such a flight. Only once though, and yes I should have not done that either but we all need to 'bend' the rules now and then or life would be very boring.

I think it would be just for the challenge of doing it at least once. Some of us have wished we could go beyond the 500-meter height at least once. This is not that much different than so many of us going to the limit of how far as we can fly in a straight line and return safely.

Yeah, clear, I was also interested in it for the sake of the law of physics.
To fly in mountain area it would be also nice to be able to go further the same way in a similar way as the GEO system for the horizontal plane. I don't want to carry such fish tank.
Alternative would be to have real altitude over ground displayed instead of relative altitude. I have seen an app where they use altitude from the map to show and estimate of the altitude over ground.

On your descent did you pull back on the stick to increase its descent rate? Or even with that it still feel like it took forever to come down?

There is a work around on the height limit but it would be irresponsible of me to tell you what it is. If you look hard enough I am sure you will find it. Also saves me getting hassle from fellow members too. Because if I were to say how to do it one would assume that I condone flying above the limits where actually the opposite is true.

I confess I did fly very high once but it was in a safe area and I only did it just to see how high I could get. Straight up then straight down again. I have to say it does seem to take forever to descend again after such a flight. Only once though, and yes I should have not done that either but we all need to 'bend' the rules now and then or life would be very boring.
I think we have just seen it in the video at post #1 ?;) Right ?

On your descent did you pull back on the stick to increase its descent rate? Or even with that it still feel like it took forever to come down?

Throttle on full descending as quickly as I could, still felt like ages. Descending from a greater height you hear the drone long before you see it.

Reactions: Prometheus_Xex
You mean subject it to a vacuum? Lol no much simpler than that. No more hints. :) the answer is out there. (sounds like the xfiles now)
I don't need it, thanks.
I know that for mountain you should not be lazy and have to start for highest position.

dude stop apologizing ,its as if you did something inappropriate to someone's sister here. People want to act like the FAA spokeman here let them and just laugh. Just like the vette/mustang forums, we all talk about a race from time to time, and let me tell you, that is 10000000x more dangerous, but you don't see Johnny law screaming about how they will ruin the hobby for everyone, omg, omg.

:)

I'd love to break the 500 meter limit. I have a 700 meter 'hill' next to the house. I fly around it all of the time - but I'm way below the recommended "400 foot AGL" as I'm perhaps 50 feet about 150 foot trees. Not even the Coast Guard is going to hug the ground like that. I'd love to pop over the hill and look over the scenery.

But as a practical matter, it's a reasonable limit. Flying up above 500 meters is going to run out the battery pretty quick on the descent. You don't ** need ** the battery to come down, but it helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20