Metal Propeller Mounts for Phantom 4

if someone would print them on a #D printer in ABS or poly carb they would be better than the plastic and not wear at all. Someone Im sure is doing it

5c8bb34ac32c92d8cfd81215af55527f.jpg

I just go mine in the mail today.. not sure if I should install them after reading this thread I'm thinking twice about it . What should I do should I install and test them out risk it or should I just wait and see? What would you guys do in my position ? I don't mind wasting the 17 bucks I payed for .

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Keep the stock, if Dji thought to have metal ones for whatever reason I'm sure they would have done it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I saw Frank at Carolina Dronz today and he said he has yet to see a problem with the stock ones. He was sure DJI decided on plastic for a reason. Leave week enough alone until you see people have issues
Okay , thanks guys
Keep the stock, if Dji thought to have metal ones for whatever reason I'm sure they would have done it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just my 2 cents... I've been in the RC world a long time. People are always making aftermarket aluminum stuff. Most of the time, it never works as expected. Screws don't fit perfectly, things are slightly off blah blah. With something that can fly 1600 feet in the air, and completely out of sight, if it is part of the mechanical operation of the drone and doesn't say DJI on it, its not going on my drone. Your mileage may vary!

I must agree with this.
If it ain't broke (or known to be subpar) I wouldn't fix it unless I know for a fact that I get some measurable benefit from it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My P4 has over 2 million feet in the air & the plastic DJI mounts show no sign of cracking or wear. Where are these "known" reports of issues with the stock mounts?

The original plastic ones are known to develop cracks or even have tiny parts snap off entirely even during mid-flight because of heat from the motors, which is very worrying to even think of happening.

Reactions: RémyHeli

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4