Metal propeller mount

Original factory mounts are plastic..

We have been using a metal mount with screw on hubs with professionally balanced Carbon fiber Propeller with absolutely amazing results, when I say Professional Balanced is just experience with balancing propeller and hubs and mounts weighing the same etc, uniform is the key. I looked at those mounts in the post How would you put tension against the blade, same with the spring as used in original? If yes order new springs/tensioner and that looks nice, be sure and weigh those mounts, get them all the same.

Reactions: elarryland
I have been using these metal parts for a while and had no problem. In fact it happened to contact a crane metal cable with two blades. The blades were slightly damaged and developed quite a bit of play with the mount.

Which is exactly what should happen:

the phantom did not fall, the propeller mount did not break, the propellers by being flexible did not sustain major damage. I do not mount carbon fiber blades because with their inherent stiffness would disintegrate in case of impact and also transmit a much higher force to to motors.

For me the dampening factor of the plastic propellers is a plus and I am VERY happy to trow away a couple of them in case of contact.

I saw somewhere (couldn't find the post sorry) someone posted a link to the P4P Propeller installation kit which fits the Phantom 4 but trades the metal plate spring for a coil spring.

Yep I been looking for that since last week and can't find anything on it now..

Question... why?

Has anyone had issues with the stock mounts? The ad claims they are to replace worn out plastic mounts. I've never seen anyone post this type of complaint. Personally, I don't see why they would ever wear out. They lock into place and that is that.

i have a friend that has close to 200 hours on his stock setup, only thing he changes are those little spring clips that hold tension against the propeller, he changes those every 20 hours he said

Question... why?

Has anyone had issues with the stock mounts? The ad claims they are to replace worn out plastic mounts. I've never seen anyone post this type of complaint. Personally, I don't see why they would ever wear out. They lock into place and that is that.

search (Broken propeller mount)

DJI Phantom 4 Metal Propeller Mount (2 x Silver, 2 x Black)

Has anybody tried these yet?
if so do they fit the props good?
I dont know for a fact but i think common sense plays here.If you think of slight prop damaging crashes-the original plastic props seem to give way and break upon impact for a reason-that reason being,if u have props any stronger that motors gonna take on added stress..i imagine some sort of stripping or that heating hum that occurs when u dont give something electronic its way..Other than that-theres videos on youtube that show flat out demos.They give the impression that different props would be ok depending on what the users actually using the drone for.For example some carbon fibers cost you camera stability-which would bother a photographer n so on.Hope the ramble was helpful-if not sue me-lol-this phantom and forum make it feel like we're all in this together.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic