Metal Detectorist seeks someone to record him

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a friend in Lincolnshire UK who metal detects beaches, he asked me if i can record him doing this but i live too far north and have no plans travelling down to Lincolnshire - he also detects Bournemouth beach so he can travel around, does anyone here live near those areas that could help him out?

He basically wants some aerial footage to spice up his Youtube channel some and im pretty sure he would become involved in flying drones once he met someone with one, on the other hand im sure he will bring a spare detector so you could detect some too if you wished, gold rings, coins etc are typical finds.

I would image some orbits, fly-bys, overhead shots and general scenic stuff would be the desired footage, if anyone is interested let me know and ill put you in touch with him :)

Cobs

I'm across the pond so it's too far for me. I do love metal detecting. I found a platinum ring worth 1,500 dollars last week. Now my Minelab has paid for itself.

Wow excellent find mate, which Minelab do you use? I use the CTX3030 and have an Explorer II as backup, the top ring in my avatar is a gold Roman ring (250-300AD), i found it in 2013, it is classed as Treasure and now resides in my local museum :) The other is an 18K gold wedding band. One of my favourite hobbies detecting. :)

Youll find detecting vids in my link below - YouTube censor the audio on a lot due to the music i add.

Last edited:
Reactions: auen1
I have the e trac and safari but I'm saving up for the ctx3030. Your finds are extremely nice ! I can only hope I dig up some museum type finds. I've found three gold rings, 14k and 18k and ten silver 925 rings and one platinum so far. I started detecting 7 months ago and it's a totally addicting hobby.

Reactions: auen1
Nice, the E-Trac is a great machine, i think the Safari will be similar to the Explorer XS (we have one of those spare too incase one of the kids decides to come), finding Treasure is an amazing experience for sure, never ever thought i would find something like that, i know some places in UK offer detecting holidays, seen lots of Americans making vids in UK and finding nice things, you should look into that sometime, Chicago Rons YouTube channel will explain more, he comes over here regular. Three gold rings is a great start in 7 months, ive only found 3 gold rings in the past 3 years .. which is probably rare being inland some, im guessing your doing beaches ... which is the best place for gold rings etc of course, i need to get to some nice beaches i think lol.

I hit parks and camp sites to find jewelry but the beaches here in California are hunted daily so finding gold is not real easy. I'd love to hunt in the UK ,England because you have so much history out their.

I'd like to see it in person
IMG_0091.JPG

You should just tell him to buy a P3 Standard for his channel and let his wife or a friend video him. Mostly he will be doing close ups with a regular camera but having both is really great. What is his channel anyway? We're probably already friends on YouTube but ya never know. I've found Gold Nuggets, antiques, coins, collectibles and I do love hitting the beaches, but pulling up those nuggets puts a smile across my face every time :)

Attachments

• 4063sm.jpg
    4063sm.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 312
We're always out finding something? I post on TreasureNet because they have a bunch of forums that cover everything I do from detecting to underground mining. That pic was with my Minelab GPxtreme. That coil will pull from a few feet down :) It's only good when in a larger nugget area. These days I have a Minelab GPX 5000, an Excalliber II 1000, a Whites MXT, and my Tesoro Laredo, which is a super light weight all around coin and relic machine :)

Great choices, i settled on the CTX3030, love its handling, style, great depth and fast processing, also has GPS and the ability to mark your find spots accurately on a map, i still kept my Explorer II with NEL Tornado coil, thats a depth monster right there when in full manual but i rarely use it now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik