messed up video shots

Reaction score
maybe i am just a bad videographer and/or pilot but i just got my vision plus and seem to keep getting the props in the video shot. wtf that is annoying and not happening with my vision... i understand the gimbal etc etc

Be sure and test the FOV, field of view, by eyeballing where the lens is pointing before takeoff with the understanding that the bigger the FOV the father down you have to tilt.

What camera are you using?

Also, if flying very quickly...go backwards the props will tip out of the video frame.

If you go full speed forward at max field of view, the props will show up. Full speed left or right the landing gear will show. Try slower speeds and more fluid/gracefull movements. I do wish this controller had an EXPO setting so we could slow down the controls near center positions.

Dirty Bird said:
If you go full speed forward at max field of view, the props will show up. Full speed left or right the landing gear will show. Try slower speeds and more fluid/gracefull movements. I do wish this controller had an EXPO setting so we could slow down the controls near center positions.

What is EXPO? Exponential?

Yes, on fancier controllers you can set the exponential so the controls are less sensitive near the center positions. The Phantom's controller is constant throughout and it makes it tough to do precise movements, especially if your hands are shaking from nervousness! :)

Dirty Bird said:
Yes, on fancier controllers you can set the exponential so the controls are less sensitive near the center positions. The Phantom's controller is constant throughout and it makes it tough to do precise movements, especially if your hands are shaking from nervousness! :)

Got it.

That would VERY nice to have!

I'd rather have a switch for video control, but cant we
Change the transmitter settings pre flight?

thx - i know when its happening ; just wish that it would not happen :) will do fluid moves but man sometimes its nice to kick into high gear and not have to worry about that ruining the shot

DBSAM said:
I'd rather have a switch for video control, but cant we
Change the transmitter settings pre flight?

I've discovered what I think is a pretty cool trick as far as camera control goes. You have to enable NAZA mode & IOC in the Assistant for this to work. Once you are flying, switch to Home Lock mode with the S2 switch. Now your Vision+ will fly with the right stick, climb with up/down on the left stick, and you use left stick left/right as your camera pan. I am working on getting the hang of this. With a tilt switch installed on channel 7, should be able to get some great video with practice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj