I've been flying with two spare Powerextra batteries for several weeks now and had no problems. They fit perfectly, and have around the same flight time as my original DJI battery.

As you've seen by the reviews on Amazon, the overwhelming majority of people that buy these batteries are more than happy. Myself being one of those.

I did keep the drone close by and fairly low on the first few flights just to be safe, but that should be a standard test even for a new OEM battery.

OEM for me is always the best choice as knock offs may or may not be up to par, and some (few) OEM will fail also. Some are good others no, I don't like to gamble my bird in order to save $50. It's not only that you can crash your bird but mostly in what you will crash into. Not worth the risk for me. I don't run my pick up on the cheapest tires I can find, I pay $500 Canadian (about 12.95 US) more a set than the cheapest ones.

Reactions: wolf~928
OEM for me is always the best choice as knock offs may or may not be up to par, and some (few) OEM will fail also. Some are good others no, I don't like to gamble my bird in order to save $50. It's not only that you can crash your bird but mostly in what you will crash into. Not worth the risk for me. I don't run my pick up on the cheapest tires I can find, I pay $500 Canadian (about 12.95 US) more a set than the cheapest ones.
I certainly see your points, but for me flying a P3S refurb, it's worth the risk. I just can't see spending nearly half the total cost of my drone for another battery. If I flew a P4 or Mavic I would be more inclined to buy OEM.

I certainly see your points, but for me flying a P3S refurb, it's worth the risk. I just can't see spending nearly half the total cost of my drone for another battery. If I flew a P4 or Mavic I would be more inclined to buy OEM.
I can see your point if the craft is expendable as long as it can't smack into people or any thing of value, the bush or the ocean won't care. One way I guage the value of knock offs' is by weight. Some knock off stuff is to light to have the right componants.

If you guys read the "$50 battery" post you will realize these are authentic DJI batteries from authorized retail stores such as Target and Best Buy. Do your research and you may be surprised what kind of deals you can come up with. Using an ad to price match I was able to get 3 DJI batteries for a total of $150, saving me $300.... Pics of batteries and receipts on the thread for proof.

I can see your point if the craft is expendable as long as it can't smack into people or any thing of value, the bush or the ocean won't care. One way I guage the value of knock offs' is by weight. Some knock off stuff is to light to have the right componants.
Absolutely. These Powerextra batteries look and feel identical to DJI batteries, with the exception of the LED lights. These are only about half as bright, so if you use those to help identify the rear of the AC then you might want to steer clear of these.

I don't know, I'm not trying to convince anyone that these are just as good as OEM, but they have been for me. I guess I'm just saying these batteries are not the Boogey-Man that a lot of folks seem to think they are.

I will add, that as pointed out in other threads, that DJI won't honor warranty repairs if you were flying with one of these during a crash/loss.

If you guys read the "$50 battery" post you will realize these are authentic DJI batteries from authorized retail stores such as Target and Best Buy. Do your research and you may be surprised what kind of deals you can come up with. Using an ad to price match I was able to get 3 DJI batteries for a total of $150, saving me $300.... Pics of batteries and receipts on the thread for proof.
Most stores seem to have caught on and it's increasingly difficult to get that price match.

Also, worst thread title ever.

Most stores seem to have caught on and it's increasingly difficult to get that price match.

Also, worst thread title ever.
He asked about cheap batteries, that's one way to get a cheap authentic battery. It's worth a shot, even if it's a long shot. I did it less than 3 weeks ago without an issue, cashier actually thought it was pretty cool.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj