Merging Spanned Video Clips

Reaction score
So I am new to the drone world, but have been working in video production for about 15 years. I understand why if I record one long clip that the P4 starts new files every 4GB. I for the life of me though cannot get them to merge seamlessly. I edit in PPro CC 2015.4, I thought that maybe it would work like AVCHD files or other similar files from a GoPro. If I import the files through PPro's media browser, it would automatically merge the spanned video clips. Well obviously that didn't work, or I would not be here asking. I tried to just put the clips back to back in a timeline but there are missing frames. I even tried to just merge them manually through CMD with some commands we used when AVCHD first came out. When I use CMD it will show that the filesize is the same as the two clips, but it only plays for around 9 min, which is the same length of time that the first clip is. Just to make sure I remembered how to do it correctly, I found some AVCHD files that were spanned and merged them manually through CMD with no issues. When back and tried the P4 video files again and again, no luck. Anyone have any insight into my issue.

Thanks!

I recall seeing somewhere that frames are dropped in starting new files

Sent from my SM-N9208 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the info. That is pretty disappointing though, and hopefully there is some work around to it. Right now I have a clip that I was just goofing around with some of my buddies and of course the part I want is right where the clip breaks.

It really seems silly to me that it would work this way on purpose. Pretty much since video went tapeless, there has been the 4GB spanned clips. Not sure how or why DJI got this wrong.

Phil

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31