Memory cards

Yes.

I usually use 64GB SanDisk Extreme memory cards. You can find a list of other memory cards that work well here. Note the write speed. Memory cards with at least a 40MB/s write speed tend to work best.

Reactions: clkilljoy
I believe so as this is what I use:

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449446218.508411.jpg

I don't rely on the C10 rating anymore, prefering to use either U1 or U3 rated cards. The U rating is a classification for cards that is equal to, or exceeds the older C10 rate. Also, don't rely on the claimed read/write speed quoted by manufacturers. They usually quote the faster read rate, rather than providing both read and write speeds, which can vary widely.

Here is a test I did on some of my cards recently. If you take the Lexar 633x which was supplied by DJI with my P3P, the difference is quite large and really surprised me. The 633x they use refers to a comparison with the speed of a CD (Compact Disc) for some strange reason and equates to (633 x 150/1000) = 94.95 MB/s.

Also, your PC uses the binary system where 1 GiB = 1024 MB, and SD cards use the metric measurement where 1GB = 1000 MB, so the capacity of SD cards is also different. 16GB = 15GiB, 32GB = 30GiB and a 64GB card is 61GiB.

Yaaay! I'm confused too, but here is a pretty picture to cheer you up. o_O

SDcards.jpg

I got 2 Lexar 633x 64gb and 1 Lexar 633x 128gb.

64's work fine but have not tried the 128gb.

P3P will not support 128GB

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I only use Samsung cards anymore. Too many issues with recent sandisk cards, but every Samsung card has been rock solid.

Thanks for the info.

Saves me time from even trying lol
Personally I wouldn't want to fly a 128GB card in my Phantom, say if it crashed and the microSD card sprung out, that's potentially 4.5 hours of 60Mbps video footage lost :eek:

I prefer to fly with a few 32GB cards instead, so if I lost that card, that's maximum of 70 minutes of 60Mbps video footage lost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31