memory card for P2V+

Reaction score
For some reason, I cannot find this info on their website-

Can someone tell me if the P2V+ comes with a micro SD card? and what is the maximum size card that it supports?
thanks!

When I got my P2V+ yesterday I was so excited to fly I took it up before even thinking about putting a Micro SD card in it or even start the recording while on the ground.

While up in the air I then remembered to hit record and it started recording. Wasn't sure if it would record to the phone or if an SD card came in it but it was recording. After the flight I checked and sure enough it had a 4GB card in it already. After I got home I switched it out for a 32Gig class 10 card.

My P2V+ comes in on Friday. When you push record on the iPhone, does it record only on the miniSD card or both card and iPhone itself?

plasmo said:
My P2V+ comes in on Friday. When you push record on the iPhone, does it record only on the miniSD card or both card and iPhone itself?

It records to the SD card witch is best because you get much better quality video and the video keeps going even if you go out of transmitter range.

Dirty Bird said:
It comes with a 4 GB card. It isn't particularly fast...mine was a Class 6. The max size it can accept is 32 GB, and I would suggest you get a UHS1/Class 10 card. You can get the Sandisk Ultra 32 GB cards on Amazon for $18.42.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH7BU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the suggestion.

Can't find that model at Best Buy.

There are other 32gb class 10 but they have slightly different model #s.

Are any of these comparable to the one that you recommend?

Model: SDSDQUIP-032G-A46 SKU: 3142635

Model: SDSDQU-032G-AB46A SKU: 1300086

Model: SDSDQUI-032G-A46 SKU: 3695074

Dirty Bird said:
It comes with a 4 GB card. It isn't particularly fast...mine was a Class 6. The max size it can accept is 32 GB, and I would suggest you get a UHS1/Class 10 card. You can get the Sandisk Ultra 32 GB cards on Amazon for $18.42.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QZH7BU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the suggestion.

Can't find that model at Best Buy.

There are other 32gb class 10 but they have slightly different model #s.

Are any of these comparable to the one that you recommend?

Model: SDSDQUIP-032G-A46 SKU: 3142635

Model: SDSDQU-032G-AB46A SKU: 1300086

Model: SDSDQUI-032G-A46 SKU: 3695074

Slight topic change, but leaving it in this thread...

I experienced a strange thing on my first day with P2V+, and would like some comments about that.

I got the new Phantom2 Vision+, and did everything right setting it up, except I didn't format the included SD card that was supplied with the unit. No problem though, everything worked great, and I recorded two flights worth of video to the card.

Next morning, I removed the SD card from the P2V+ and inserted it into my MacBook card reader, and successfully downloaded the videos. I dragged/dropped the two video files from the card into my trash folder, and ejected the card from the Macbook, to free up space on the card. Still, no problem. BUT, when I attempted to format the card with the Vision App on my iPhone, it came up with error: "Format Failed" and it refused to format the card. I couldn't record anything to that card. Repeated attempts to format, even after changing main batteries on Phantom were futile. I couldn't format that card. I don't see any other way to format the card other than using the DJI iPhone camera app. (is there another way?)

So, I tried a different card (one from my GoPro), and it did format first try, but then I got a "card failed" when I tried to record anything on it. Frustration.... Rebooting etc didn't solve it. Putting card back in GoPro (not related in any way to the P2V+) and that card works fine.

8 Hours later, I decided to try again with the original card that came from DJI, and it formatted and worked fine! No issues.

So, this time I "copied" the video files from the card instead of removing them, and I'll attempt to format the card before next flight.

Questions: what might case the DJI camera to refuse to format the card?
What is the recommended way to remove files from the SD card?
Is there an other way to format the card other than using the smartphone App?

thanks everyone. This thing sure is fun!
d86

Weird. Perhaps the card just wasn't making good contact? I have been transferring by plugging a cable into the gimbal's USB port. Yes, I could remove the card, insert it into an adapter, plug it into the computer, copy files, eject & remove card, remove Micro-SD from adapter, insert back into Vision+. But just plugging it in involves less steps. **Note you have to power on the Phantom for the card to show up on your computer.

doug86 said:
Slight topic change, but leaving it in this thread...

I experienced a strange thing on my first day with P2V+, and would like some comments about that.

I got the new Phantom2 Vision+, and did everything right setting it up, except I didn't format the included SD card that was supplied with the unit. No problem though, everything worked great, and I recorded two flights worth of video to the card.

Next morning, I removed the SD card from the P2V+ and inserted it into my MacBook card reader, and successfully downloaded the videos. I dragged/dropped the two video files from the card into my trash folder, and ejected the card from the Macbook, to free up space on the card. Still, no problem. BUT, when I attempted to format the card with the Vision App on my iPhone, it came up with error: "Format Failed" and it refused to format the card. I couldn't record anything to that card. Repeated attempts to format, even after changing main batteries on Phantom were futile. I couldn't format that card. I don't see any other way to format the card other than using the DJI iPhone camera app. (is there another way?)

So, I tried a different card (one from my GoPro), and it did format first try, but then I got a "card failed" when I tried to record anything on it. Frustration.... Rebooting etc didn't solve it. Putting card back in GoPro (not related in any way to the P2V+) and that card works fine.

8 Hours later, I decided to try again with the original card that came from DJI, and it formatted and worked fine! No issues.

So, this time I "copied" the video files from the card instead of removing them, and I'll attempt to format the card before next flight.

Questions: what might case the DJI camera to refuse to format the card?
What is the recommended way to remove files from the SD card?
Is there an other way to format the card other than using the smartphone App?

thanks everyone. This thing sure is fun!
d86

I've had similar problems with putting SanDisk cards into my mac. According to SanDisk their cards "don't really like" apples. 2 times they have had to replace my cards. They didn't charge me to ship it back to them either time. the only hassle was the wait. My issues were not with the phantom. This has happened to me with a Fujifilm camera, my galaxy s4, and galaxy s3. card works fine until i plug it into my iMac.
as far as the P2V+ not formatting…. i can't help you with that one. no experience with it.

When I plug in my camera connection kit into my iPad mini I sometimes see mp4 instead of the video. Or sometimes the video pops right up. Any ideas why it does this?

i know we should use a class 10 but i have a 8gb micro sd class 4 that i was using in my keychain cameras with my ladybird and mini cp. do you think it will work fine in my vision +? i know certain cards won't work in certain devices.

neoneo said:
i know we should use a class 10 but i have a 8gb micro sd class 4 that i was using in my keychain cameras with my ladybird and mini cp. do you think it will work fine in my vision +? i know certain cards won't work in certain devices.

I'm not saying the Class 4 card won't work. It would be fine for photographs, though your save time for a raw DNG will be slow. But for 1080p 30 fps video that's a slow card to keep up with the data stream. Some of your videos may be once-in-a-lifetime experiences. You've invested $1300 in an aerial camera platform. A 32 gig Class 10 card costs <$20. Do you really want to risk losing your videos just to save $20?

[Unti="Dirty Bird"]
neoneo said:

I'm not saying the Class 4 card won't work. It would be fine for photographs, though your save time for a raw DNG will be slow. But for 1080p 30 fps video that's a slow card to keep up with the data stream. Some of your videos may be once-in-a-lifetime experiences. You've invested $1300 in an aerial camera platform. A 32 gig Class 10 card costs <$20. Do you really want to risk losing your videos just to save $20?[/quote]

my 32 gigabyte class 10 won't be in the mail until 3 days after I get my vision. I was just going to use the 8gb until it gets here. I guess I'll just stick with the 4gb it comes with until my 32 arrives

Dirty Bird said:
neoneo said:

I'm not saying the Class 4 card won't work. It would be fine for photographs, though your save time for a raw DNG will be slow. But for 1080p 30 fps video that's a slow card to keep up with the data stream. Some of your videos may be once-in-a-lifetime experiences. You've invested $1300 in an aerial camera platform. A 32 gig Class 10 card costs <$20. Do you really want to risk losing your videos just to save $20?

just got my p2v+ and it came with a class 4 4gb micro sd card. i wonder why they wouldn't give us a class 10. either way it gives me at least a little more confidence in my 8gb class 4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic