memory card capacity?

Reaction score
Is there a capacity limit on the micro SD card? If so what is the capacity? I have some 10 speed 128's laying around...

DJI shows 64GB as the limit in their specs, but 128GB memory cards will work.

Although, there is no real need to go that large. You can't possibly fill that up, even with 4k video unless you have a trunk load of batteries for the P3. I prefer 32gig. Enough room for at least a couple batteries. Normally, when I change the battery, I change the SD card. That way I don't risk loosing all that video/stills if the bird goes down on the last flight of the day. Change the battery, change the card, thats my motto.

Reactions: David Tolsky
Thank you for the responses folks, you can also carry a PhotoFast card reader that backs up data to another SD card really fast. It should be out by next month but I have one now as I review tech products for a magazine. I'm going to try it the next time I fly.

Yea, there are plenty of backup options out there. I never use them. I had a Nexto but found it simply too large to screw with, too heavy to carry around and the battery life sucked rocks. Took it on one trip to Disney. It made the rounds in the park one day and at the end of the day that half pound felt like a lead ingot. I sold it when I got home and bought a handful of SanDisk Extreme cards, pocketed the leftover cash and never looked back. Now I simply carry the extra SD cards. They are cheaper, smaller, lighter and take exactly zero time in the field. They solve three problems in the field at once. Full cards. Broken cards. Lost cards.

The backup devices don't guard against failed/lost cards while out shooting. If you drop one in the drink or one fails and it was your ONE card, time to go home. Since I carry cards instead of backup devices, I just pull another card out of the pack and continue shooting. (Yes, one of my cards is at the bottom of the Jungle Cruise at WDW under the bridge I was standing on when it fell through the crack of the planks.)

I like the Photofast because it's lightning quick (pun intended) and the whole unit is no bigger than an SD card adapter. Also, it weighs about as much as a cricket. But to each his own, carrying a bunch of cards works too if you don't lose them through the cracks :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie