Memorial Day Flight at Local State Park

You have rendering issues. Lots of compression artifacts. Upload a much higher quality file and your video should look much better. That won't fix the GoPro auto WB issues but it will at least make the video much clearer.

shrill mute said:
You have rendering issues. Lots of compression artifacts. Upload a much higher quality file and your video should look much better. That won't fix the GoPro auto WB issues but it will at least make the video much clearer.

Yeah, I see that. I uploaded at 720p and 60fps but Vimeo said it changed it to 30fps. I don't like to upload at larger files sizes because I also share this Vimeo link on Facebook. Many of my friends watch it on their smart phones. If the file is to large, they can't view it! Any suggestions?

DesertFlyer53 said:
If the file is to large, they can't view it!

That's not true.

The file size that you upload has nothing to do with what you share with folks on Facebook or Vimeo.

The final product that is viewed will be 5mbps. Vimeo also serves a smaller version to mobile phones. Uploading a larger file results in much better results and will not impact your users viewing experience.

Example:

Attachments

• Vimeo File Sizes.JPG
    Vimeo File Sizes.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 406
shrill mute said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
If the file is to large, they can't view it!

That's not true.

The file size that you upload has nothing to do with what you share with folks on Facebook or Vimeo.

The final product that is viewed will be 5mbps. Vimeo also serves a smaller version to mobile phones. Uploading a larger file results in much better results and will not impact your users viewing experience.

Example:

Good to know! Thanks you!

DesertFlyer53 said:
Why does Vimeo cut the frame rate down? I'm not a big fan of 30fps because it looks choppy when the camera pans.

Youtube and Vimeo only deliver in 30fps. They will downsample the framerate. You can do it yourself upon export from your editor so you control the process.

Camera pans in 30fps don't have to be choppy. Play around with your flying technique, shutter speed (ND filter), lighting etc. to get smooth pans at 30fps.

shrill mute said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
Why does Vimeo cut the frame rate down? I'm not a big fan of 30fps because it looks choppy when the camera pans.

Youtube and Vimeo only deliver in 30fps. They will downsample the framerate. You can do it yourself upon export from your editor so you control the process.

Camera pans in 30fps don't have to be choppy. Play around with your flying technique, shutter speed (ND filter), lighting etc. to get smooth pans at 30fps.

Got it. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic