Melted prop motor mount

Reaction score
Hi There,

I came down in some bushes and was not able to get to the Phantom 2 Vision+ for around 5 mins. Luckily the bushes cushioned the fall and the camera and gimbal were not damaged but in the time it took me to get to the drone i did not stop the motors. The bushes stopped one of the props from turning and that engine heated up so much that it melted the shell mount and is now way off axis.

Has anyone had a similar experience or any ideas on how to fix this? I have had a look for Vision 2 Plus shells online and perhaps i'll just have to reassemble it in the new shell?
Maybe send it to DJI for repair? Now that the plastic has reset pushing or bending the motor on place does not seem like an option....

There are some images of the damage:

http://gcp.smugmug.com/Other/Phantom-2- ... p/n-r2mLW/

Everything else is working fine with the unit.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

There is only one way I would consider fixing something like what you have, and that is to replace it. The vPlus runs off a propulsion system that is dependent on receiving the right info from each motor while in flight. I don't feel like the replacement cost is that bad on what you need to replace. Plus it shouldn't take that long to move your parts from one to another upper & lower body.

I would also consider swapping the motor... If it got so hot that it melted the plastic... Who knows what it did to the windings... Maybe even ESC and motor... You'd be bummed to do all the work swapping out the shell only to find out that motor and/or ESC have only a few flights left in them due to heat damage :ugeek:

Cheers - w2as defiantly going to get a couple new motors as well. Does anyone know where i can order a Phantom vision 2 plus shell? I have a Phantom 2 and have noticed the vision 2 plus has some different holes in the bottom part to accommodate for the dji gimbal/camera. Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic