Melbourne Australia

Reaction score
Hi there.
Just thought I'd say hi before i start browsing the forum.
First time drone owner. P3S arrived today and is in it's box under my desk.
Looking forward to getting it in the air this weekend.
I'm building a new house in a brand new estate and plan to get some footage while it's all getting built.

Anyway, time to find the newb thread and read some stickies to learn what i should and shouldnt do before pulling the go trigger.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum STAINLESS .
You will find the Standard section here Standard/4k Discussion
but read all over . Great to have you as a new member . :)

Thanks dirkclod,
i just found something on facebook live streaming, did not even think about doing this.
will be a great way to show off my new toy to my online friends haha. will definately be on my to do list.

Reactions: TheFPVdrone
Haven't tried that yet but know some that have .
Do watch some YouTube's before you set off and enjoy and flysafe :)

Reactions: STAINLESS
Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Aussie. I'm also new to the Forum and have found it a wealth of knowledge.
Good Luck with the first flight.

Welcome to the club STAINLESS, you have come to the right place to get info on these wonderful flying machines.

I am also fairly new to the club but have about 30 flights under my belt, so far so good. Take your time and do not rush. Read the manual, read the manual and read the manual.

I have followed quite a few threads regarding crashes, my advice to you is do not fly on a partially charged battery.
Here is an example, let's say that you charged your battery 100% and you decide to go to the park to fly for a few minutes, you do not deplete the battery all the way. At the end your flying session your battery is about 56% partially charged now. Two days later you decide to go to fly to the park and want to use that battery with the 56% charge left. That is what i am referring to, you will get to that part when you read the manual. You must charge that battery 100% before you fly again.

One more thing make sure your propellers are tight.

Once again, welcome to the club.

Welcome stainless have a p4, read a little and just do it, once you have hovered a little gone to 10m then its all behind you.
You will then be up around 30m and beyond cruising around looking at your screen. Enjoy a new world.

Forgot to say I'm in Adelaide.

What is the drone law in Australia?. Reason I ask is because we are planning a trip to Australia next year and would be nice to bring my P3P to get family footage.

What is the drone law in Australia?. Reason I ask is because we are planning a trip to Australia next year and would be nice to bring my P3P to get family footage.

RPAS-Training-and-Solutions-Safety-Post_updated-21.08.15.png

Thanks dirkclod,
i just found something on facebook live streaming, did not even think about doing this.
will be a great way to show off my new toy to my online friends haha. will definately be on my to do list.

I wouldn't even think about that just yet, make sure to do your research and know this --->

One Queensland drone pilot found this out the hard way, after receiving an $850 fine for his drone use — all based on videos he had uploaded to YouTube.

The first Australian to be fined for flying a drone

haha, yer but what was he filming?

Went out yesterday for my first flight, down the local footy fields. plenty of open area without another person in sight.
Little bit scary. thought lets see how high i can take this, going up, up, up, up, then started getting a little freaked out haha.
looked at the screen and i was only 30m up haha....
Anyway, did a few small curcuits in beginner mode then landed with no drama.
I wish i could say the same after i turned beginner mode off. When i went approx 50m away, i lost video signal. Have been reading today that its pretty common with the latest firmware?

G'day everyone.

First timer here, jumped in the deep end and got a P4 a few weeks back and have been immersing myself in videos and tutorials although I stupidly flew it too early and had a really low height crash into some scraggly bushes. Only busted up some props and found these guys on Google HOME - Drone Doctor who were really straight up and honest with me. Got it going again perfectly for $125 so I considered myself VERY lucky and went back to the books before flying again! That's how my P4 got its name 'Drone Numbe 564' was allocated it at the shop, seemed fitting :)

Have done a few flights since, having an absolute blast with it and being much more sensible by keeping it in Beginner mode while flying now. Have just learned my first trick using Point of Interest flying around my motorcycle - turned out pretty crap unfortunately = n00b :p

Have a question for you long timers about tablets... well my tablet really. I have a first gen iPad Mini and it is crap at keeping up with the graphics when flying, alwasy redrawing the screen and going all pixelated and crap, and I really wanted the get into the P4 for quality video with motorcycles being my main interest. Anyway, I got a Pixel C (Google) as I read up about em and was super impressed with their specs, but unfortunately for me I didn't read up on their size! TOO BIG for the Remote Cradle - dammit!

Anyone upsized their cradle to fit a larger size tablet?

Thanks for having me onboard (dyswidt?) :)
Dan aka Drone#564

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31