Medieval Castles and Towers

Reaction score
Just finished this piece of video trying to depict a travel into the past ....

All shots done with the Phantom 2 , Zenmuse 3D and Gopro Black + , ND Filter, 2k, 24fp, Protune.
Edited in Premiere Pro CC.
Dont forget to watch in 1440 p if you have a fast internet connection
Please provide me with your feedback !
I created this video just for fun but I think that it could be used for documentary or touristic promotion purposes.

http://youtu.be/b5ic_EviS_E

Well, my friend if you had been in my class I taught at SM City College. I would have given you a A+ Very, very well Done . Great photography, very well edited with sparing use of special effects.These phantoms are really time machines as they take us to these unique places daily. Love it

Thank you all for your feedback, much ,appreciated!

Prylar Bek said:
Well, my friend if you had been in my class I taught at SM City College. I would have given you a A+ Very, very well Done . Great photography, very well edited with sparing use of special effects.These phantoms are really time machines as they take us to these unique places daily. Love it

Thank you Prylar,
What is your field of specialization at SM City College ?

Prylar Bek said:
Production and post production

Nice!
Unfortunately for me I live in this island, so my only teacher is the internet ( although great teacher...) and my patience.
I am into this hobby for about 8 months now and I have so much to learn yet...

You got skills. Keep shooting and cutting and story telling. At the end of the day, all the cool gear is only tools to tell a story!

Prylar Bek said:
You got skills. Keep shooting and cutting and story telling. At the end of the day, all the cool gear is only tools to tell a story!

You are so right .... We have the tools all we need is to use them according to our needs

Geo, very nice video you might consider putting it up on Skypixel.com . You might also consider making a short version, the history at the end may be a little long for some folks. Overall great flying and editing skills.

Top notch - excellent filming made really special by excellent editing. I love the flash/zoom transitions, you have used them well. Also like the way you start off by looking through the hole then finish off by coming back through it.

One thing I like but feel you have used a little too much and could make better is the lens flare effects. My only advice is to key frame them so they move as your camera moves. They just look a little static which makes them look an added on special effect (which of course they are) but you need to make them look more real as if they are real lens flare. Just a minor critisism as the rest of the vid is great.

EMCSQUAR said:
Geo, very nice video you might consider putting it up on Skypixel.com . You might also consider making a short version, the history at the end may be a little long for some folks. Overall great flying and editing skills.

It is true that the history epilogue is somewhat lengthy in proportion to the rest of the film, but that would be an ongoing project where eventualy other historical places of interest will find their way into the film. So i think the history scene will serve this purpose quite well...

pilsburypie said:
Top notch - excellent filming made really special by excellent editing. I love the flash/zoom transitions, you have used them well. Also like the way you start off by looking through the hole then finish off by coming back through it.

One thing I like but feel you have used a little too much and could make better is the lens flare effects. My only advice is to key frame them so they move as your camera moves. They just look a little static which makes them look an added on special effect (which of course they are) but you need to make them look more real as if they are real lens flare. Just a minor critisism as the rest of the vid is great.

Thank you all for your kind words and the much needed feedback - critisism
Quite right about the lens flare key framing, but did not have any more free time. It will be corrected plus some other minor details in a feauture version of a more lengthy film with more places of interest...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4