Measure controller signal strength?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

Is there a meter that we can use that screws onto the SMA jacks to see if our controller is putting out the correct power on the 2 antenna wires?

RF measurement is a very specialized field and unless you are an expert in that area, it makes no sense to procure any measuring equipment. My two cents.

I want to measure the power output from my remote controller to determine if it is putting out full power to both antenna wires.

I want to measure the power output from my remote controller to determine if it is putting out full power from both antennas.

Only one is for transmit and there is no adjustment you can make.

I don't want to make any adjustments, I just want to test to ensure that both wires are putting out full power

If one wire is for transmit, what does the other wire do?

The other is a secondary for receive.

This provides what is know as diversity and can help with reception quality.

Correct.

Are you trying to scare him?
Wouldn't scare me. It took a look at it and it doesn't even appear to be in my language (english). :)

I powered on my controller for a few seconds doing a DBS mod install with no antennas attached by accident. I'm trying to figure out how to test the controller to see if it was harmed.

I powered on my controller for a few seconds doing a DBS mod install with no antennas attached by accident. I'm trying to figure out how to test the controller to see if it was harmed.

I think it would either work or not after you power it on? I've read when people do that with FPV transmitters they go kaput, no inbetween just either works or not afterwards.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4