Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware Meaning of "+" sign after FW

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Paul Schulze, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Paul Schulze

In an article Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6 the statement "If the DJI app shows version numbers like 1.7.6+ (note the plus sign), this means that some modules did not get rolled back as they should have." is made.

Can others confirm this?

I have searched the PhantomPilots site as well as using web search engines and have found no additional comment about this. I may have not used the right search word(s) but I would like to know for sure as when I try to rollback my P3S to 1,5,7 I get 1.5.7+ instead.

I found one article (lost link) which indicated the plus was something else. In most situations, a "+" sign would indicate enhanced or something extra.

2. GMack

I saw the + once following 1.60 (Was 1.60+) and the installation of the HDMI module. Some say it means it hasn't yet sync'd up to the DJI server. Dunno. It's gone from mine now.

3. Paul Schulze

4. troylee

It because your batery version is latest version..because it happen to me when i buy second battery..when i use it..it show '+'..then i change to use my old battery..the '+' is gone..for now my drone have no problem flying with '+' showing on my fw..its just fine..sorry for my bad english..im from sarawak..

5. DanMan32

Which goes back to a module (usually battery, being it is a module in this case) having newer firmware than package.

6. Paul Schulze

Is this bad or good or unimportant?

7. DanMan32

Not a problem if just the battery.

8. Roroman13

Anybody know when the next firmware update for the phantom 4 will be out if there will be one???