MC Data Error...

Reaction score
I'm totally baffled here!! I was about 3mins into flight when I glanced back at the iPad mini to see at the top of the app displaying "MC Data Error". I immediately landed the aircraft and restarted as instructed in the app. Upon doing so the error was still there. My next action was I did a calibration of the IMU and it was successful. I'm not getting any blinking led errors indicating something is wrong. I did a few battery pulls and error still displayed. I tried using a different microsd card and error still displayed. I decided to take the Phantom back outside and go for a flight. The aircraft flies perfectly, all flight modes work, return-to-home works, auto take off works, auto land works, and gimbal functions without any problems. I don't know what else to do at this point...
23k7k8k.jpg

@Ottawa Aerials I sure did and nothing. Again the Aircraft flies with no problems whatsoever but I just hate seeing that "MC Data Error" on the screen...

Yeah I had this happen but an IMU cal did it for me. What is your Mod level sitting at. Around 13-1600? Also when you hit check IMU does it say all good? If so that's a strange one I'd contact DJI

@Ottawa Aerials I tried the IMU Calibration and nothing. Here's my settings before
6yjtr9.jpg

Here's my settings after the IMU Calibration and all it says its finished
15eguv9.jpg

Also I went as far as trying to format data recorder, and that FAILED!
vnnsaw.jpg

Mod values look good. I'm assuming you have tried re caling IMU in a few different level spots...Must have a hardware issue or possibly a bug. Could try rolling back to an old firmware then re installing the new one. Out of ideas, other than that I think you have to contact DJI. It may seem like it's flying fine but what if something isn't right, I'd try and have it replaced.

@Ottawa Aerials Tried downgrading and upon turning on the aircraft with the downgraded software "mc data error" was still present. Upgraded back and still have the "mc data error". I contacted my local hobby mechanic and he said it with that error none of my flight logs are being recorded. I've googled & googled& googled. Most people that has actually experienced this error has restarted aircraft and issue fixed, in my case it hasn't fixed my error. I don't know what else to do :(

@Ottawa Aerials Just got finished trouble shooting online with Dji and nothing as well. When I told the Rep I had "mc data error" he stated, "Oh ok, no problem just clear flight record under settings. Tried doing so and resetting both aircraft and app and nothing. He went ahead and had me reset all settings and do a restart and again nothing. He said I would have to contact Dji :(:(

@Ottawa Aerials You won't believe this one. I took out a battery after flying and I decided to take a look inside the battery compartment with a flashlight and inside sure enough is a memory card. This is the memory card most likely that pops up when you enter flight data mode and are able to see the flight logs. I looked at mine again this weekend and it appears its a 4gb with 3.16gb being used leaving me with only 932mb of space. The memory card is in a very hard to reach place but I'm sure with the proper tools i'll be able to slide it out and to see if I can re-format the card and plug it back in to see if I still have this "MC Data Error"...What do you think?

@Ottawa Aerials You won't believe this one. I took out a battery after flying and I decided to take a look inside the battery compartment with a flashlight and inside sure enough is a memory card. This is the memory card most likely that pops up when you enter flight data mode and are able to see the flight logs. I looked at mine again this weekend and it appears its a 4gb with 3.16gb being used leaving me with only 932mb of space. The memory card is in a very hard to reach place but I'm sure with the proper tools i'll be able to slide it out and to see if I can re-format the card and plug it back in to see if I still have this "MC Data Error"...What do you think?

I think they glue the SD card in. I read it was hard to remove. Best bet is to find another 4gig card. Keep the original just in case they want it for warranty.

Crazy I had no idea about this card. Let us know how it works out and if it fixes the problem...

@Ottawa Aerials Well I had no luck getting it out. It doesn't appear to have a locking g device but definitely believe they glued that memory in place. So as of right now, Im still stuck with this darn "MC data error"...Only me :(

@Ottawa Aerials Well I had no luck getting it out. It doesn't appear to have a locking g device but definitely believe they glued that memory in place. So as of right now, Im still stuck with this darn "MC data error"...Only me :(
Yeah once I took a closer look I saw the card your talking about. I wonder if you took the body apart if you'd be able to get at it better? What is DJI saying about all this now? Do they say if these cards can be exchanged or wiped?

@Ottawa Aerials Dji tried to help me troubleshoot but still have the same error. I'm assuming i'd have to send it to them but not trying to be out of my Phantom for 6-10 weeks for a faulty internal sd card. I've tried a few different ways to remove that sd card to see if it was corrupted but it appears it's slightly glued in as @Mako79 stated. It's slides back and forth a bit but just won't slide out. I see someone mentioned there was some type of locking device holding the card in but I see absolutely nothing. I'm sure the 4gb internal sd card most likely went bad. Again EVERYTHING works as normal but just hate seeing that "MC Data Error" where it usually says "Safe-to-Fly"...

I fixed mines tonight. I took the 16 GB card that was in the camera, and put it in that SD slot you were talking about. It took a little bit of force to get it out, but nothing broke when I did it. Now it's working just as it was when I first purchased it. I noticed that this was the problem, because when I went to try to format the Flight Data Memory, I noticed it said "Formatting" every time, even if I rebooted or downgraded the firmware. When I took the 4GB card that was originally in there out, I put it in my card reader, and my laptop could load the card, but the data was all corrupt. I couldn't even format the stick. I also noticed that there was a very small amount of glue on the memory card, which was apparently holding it in place.

I had that issue to. I got frustrated and just hooked the powered up remote to my bricked phantom. Then turned the Phantom on, after doing that it powered correctly and I could change firmware again. This worked even with the bad internal SD card. I fixed the SD card about 3 days after unbricking the device. When I say bricked I mean bricked. Made sounds, gimbal moved, but no lights, no connection to dji go, wouldn't start the motors, nothing. Took a week to figure that out accidently by means of frustration.

I had that issue to. I got frustrated and just hooked the powered up remote to my bricked phantom. Then turned the Phantom on, after doing that it powered correctly and I could change firmware again. This worked even with the bad internal SD card. I fixed the SD card about 3 days after unbricking the device. When I say bricked I mean bricked. Made sounds, gimbal moved, but no lights, no connection to dji go, wouldn't start the motors, nothing. Took a week to figure that out accidently by means of frustration.

What do you mean you fixed the SD card? Did you get it out and put another one in? That fixed it?

What do you mean you fixed the SD card? Did you get it out and put another one in? That fixed it?

Yes, I popped out the one that was in there and put a new one in. I was terribly nervous, but it paid off. I put the bad one in my PC and found that it was indeed bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4