MC Data Error when trying to enter flight data mode

Reaction score
I am trying to enter Flight Data mode to get the .DAT files. I am doing all steps as per instructions powering the TX then the P3 and going into Advanced settings in the GoApp. When choosing Enter flight data mode I am getting an "MC Data Error" message and then the yellow window saying that I am in Flight Data mode but after connecting my P3 to my Mac it is not connected.

I never had any MC Data Error warning as long as I have the Phantom. Any ideas why is this happening?

Don't think I can get the internal SD card out without tearing apart the bird.
That's right. As stated in other threads on the same subject the (internal) SD-card can cause this problem and one of the solution is to replace it. Otherwise your DJI-dealer has to repair it.

I know this but from what I have read when the internal SD card is causing problems others are getting this error continuously even during flight. I am not getting any error message while flying or any other time which means that the data are recorded in the MC card. The only time I am getting MC Data Error message is momentarily when I am in the Advanced Settings and getting into data transfer mode. I am getting the error message for 2-3 secs and then the drone is going into data transfer mode but there is no drive appearing in my computer.

I am trying to enter Flight Data mode to get the .DAT files. I am doing all steps as per instructions powering the TX then the P3 and going into Advanced settings in the GoApp. When choosing Enter flight data mode I am getting an "MC Data Error" message and then the yellow window saying that I am in Flight Data mode but after connecting my P3 to my Mac it is not connected.

I never had any MC Data Error warning as long as I have the Phantom. Any ideas why is this happening?
The "MC Data ERROR" is normal when trying to retrieve when in Flight Data mode. The problem you're having is that connecting to a Mac requires some special steps. I'm not a Mac person but this might show you what you need to know.
Professional - Downloading flight data using a Mac.

When I first tried retreiving data files I noticed the MC Data error message for a few seconds then it changed to flight data mode.
But it took several seconds about 20 before it recognised the drive in fact it was quite worrying because the windows screen cleared
I just waited and the data files appeared.I haven't tried formatting the internal memory card yet or to delete old data files.
At the moment the disc is only half full.I'll worry about that when the time comes.
Hope this has been reassuring.
Cheers for now
Ray

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1