MC Data Error - Acccelerometer Failed : after a crash

Reaction score
Hello, I hit a Tree and had a crash, it seemed not to be a catastrophic one, the Phantom 3 pro fell on a meadow, only the gimbal connector was pulled out..
After recionecting the Giimbal I have red-yellow-green quick LED sequence, the app reports "MC Data Error", the Overall Status page reports "accelerometer failed - IMU Calibration required"

I tried to calibrate the IMU, at mid calibration it said an unknown error occurred, now I'm not able to find a way to try to calibrate again, simply can't find the command on the APP, where should it be?

Back Home I removed the shell, in search of some broken wire or connector.. everything seems to be in order, where would I find the accelerometer, just for a visual check? I cant believe that a Crash is able to break an electronic component,...

Someone on here posted a few weeks ago the the accelerometer has a possibility to get stuck in a crash or impact and they also showed how to fix it, I think they tapped it in a certain place. Maybe someone can find it and post it for you.

^ This absolutely works. I crashed mine into a wall, got the MC error, and did the accelerometer tap/reset and an IMU calibration - 100% fixed and flyable again.

If you want to verify it's your accelerometer that's messed up and causing the MC error, look in your sensor values. If the accelerometer's MOD value is way out of range, that means you need to do this fix.

Side note of caution: Just be careful taking the shell apart. DJI put these clip things in there to hold the two shell halves together, and it's a real feat to get it apart without breaking anything. But go slow and be cautious, and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Jbundy63
please see the photo attached... excuse me if it's rotated by 90° :)

mod is quite High as you can see, but I really don't know what's the normal range...

wher is physically the device to "tap"? can you please explain with some more detail what I should do?

Attachments

• IMG_4703.PNG
    IMG_4703.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,823
please see the photo attached... excuse me if it's rotated by 90° :)

mod is quite High as you can see, but I really don't know what's the normal range...

wher is physically the device to "tap"? can you please explain with some more detail what I should do?

Gyroscope Mod should be around 0.00
Acceleration Mod should be around 1.00
Compass Mod 1400-1600

I think a little whack might do the trick, but it's up to you.

Reactions: JoBe and Jbundy63
Gyroscope Mod should be around 0.00
Acceleration Mod should be around 1.00
Compass Mod 1400-1600

I think a little whack might do the trick, but it's up to you.

Yes, that's what I did, I simply dropped the drone on the table on its arms,. from 20 centimeter high.. ad it did work!! thanks everybody for these hints...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik