Maybe you can help me find my P4!

Reaction score
Maybe you can help me find my P4!

I attached a screen shot from Litchi below...

Heres what happened...
I created and flew a 14 way-point flight using my Litchi app.

At the conclusion of the flight, the instructions were for the Phantom to hover in place.
During the flight, loss of connection occurred.
So the phantom beautifully completed the mission but instead of hovering at point 14, it attempted RTH.

My fault for not setting the RTH altitude high enough and the phantom failed to return home.

I have attached the last screen shot from Litchi which shows Point 14 and then the craft starting RTH...the green line.
It also shows one location of the craft in red as it proceeded along the RTH.
Then, it shows what may be the final resting place of the Phantom...Way Point 15.

Litchi created that way point 15.

My question is how accurate is that location given that there was no connection?
The Distance from home appears to be 508 feet as shown at bottom of screen.
Why does the RTH line change from yellow to green?
And any idea why the line changes from yellow to green in between the redcraft and blue craft?
I spent 4 hours searching the trees and ground around WayPointe 15...No P4 :(
Ideas?
IMG_0038.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody help me with this? I know this is off subject but thought one of you who really knows litchi might have some insight.
I'm trying to use the litchi map to find my P4.
Heres what happened:

I created and flew a 14 way-point flight using my Litchi app.

At the conclusion of the flight, the instructions were for the Phantom to hover in place.
During the flight, loss of connection occurred.
So the phantom beautifully completed the mission but instead of hovering at point 14, it attempted RTH.

My fault for not setting the RTH altitude high enough and the phantom failed to return home.

I have attached the last screen shot from Litchi which shows Point 14 and then the craft starting RTH...the green line.
It also shows one location of the craft in red as it proceeded along the RTH.
Then, it shows what may be the final resting place of the Phantom...Way Point 15.

Litchi created that way point 15.

My question is how accurate is that location?
The Distance from home appears to be 508 feet as shown at bottom of screen.
Why does the RTH line change from yellow to green?
And any idea why the line changes from yellow to green in between the redcraft and blue craft?

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions. Bill

View attachment 75869

Mods will probably move this to another thread.

I never saw Litchi creating waypoints by itself. Many times users unintentionally created additional waipoints by touching the tablet screen. Screenshoot shows a path from AC current position (red craft) to home position as green line. Your Phantom is on or under the first tree higher then your RTH altitude along that line.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah I assume it was not doing an RTH but was flying to the accidentally added waypoint 15. And hit a tree where the red triangle is. Should be a pretty accurate position.

Hi Billy Miller,

sorry to hear you lost your P4! :(

But I'm afraid, I can't help you since I never used the Litchi-app and my converter doesn't support Litchi logs. If you have questions regarding the Litchi app, please contact the developer or try to get help here on PhantomPilots in the appropriate section.

Best of luck finding your P4!
phlo

You said that litchi created WP 15? Was that due to an inadevertant screen touch? Curious that a 'stray' WP is right inline with the hp. The line turning from yellow to green indicates that RTH was initiated before getting to wp15. Since you were only 39 ft above the Homepoint, my bet would be that you hit a tree before you got to 15.

First off, sorry that you lost your drone. Im sure you feel bummed out and I hope you find it.

If you say that your initial mission was 14 waypoints and you set it to hover, why would you have your mission finish at point 14 over the water where you intended it to hover? Is it possible that finishing the mission over the clear reflection of itself is what may have caused a problem?

I don't use Litchi so others here def know more than I do about its operation. But I would suggest not finishing a mission for hover over water. Prob just a bad idea. But good luck finding it. It very well may be at the red marker as others have indicated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl