Maybe light at the end of the tunnel... Proposed FAA changes

Re: Maybe light at the end of the tunnel... Proposed FAA cha

Are they saying we could possibly get certified to fly commercially for under $300??? That would be wonderful!

dirkclod said:
Would our Phantoms be included in that ?

It seems the actual rules have yet to be released but this is an insight into the direction the FAA is going. Seems reasonable and positive so far.

Now if I could just get my Phantom down to 55 lbs.

dirkclod said:
Would our Phantoms be included in that ?
Should be. It does not discern as quad, hex or oct's Just under 55lbs. If mine wont work, I will be getting one that does :D

Clipper707 said:
Now if I could just get my Phantom down to 55 lbs.
That is so funny :D And I am right there with you on that one.

Fat jokes aside do either of you use the 9450 props? How do they compare to the 9443 props?

Spiritskeeper said:
Fat jokes aside do either of you use the 9450 props? How do they compare to the 9443 props?
:shock:

I've never used 9443's, as mine came with 9450's on it. When I bought it, it came with spare props, the same type, but being paranoid I got the seller to throw in an extra set of spares as well. He accidentally threw in some 9443's, and since he's 300kms away, I never bothered to return them for exchange. I should put them on it and see how it compares.
The 9450's are noticeably more rigid, which has to help with any change from descending to ascending, as I'm sure the thinner ones would flex a lot in a sudden change like that.. I might do some testing and do a write up on the differences.

In the interest of keeping this thread on the FAA topic, here's a link to a thread about 9443 and 9450 props.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33888

I notice those new proposed laws still say pretty much no FPV, and no night flying etc, so not really going to help a lot of us that fly FPV.

Here's an interesting read. http://www.streetinsider.com/General+Ne ... ions+(AVAV)+(AMZN)+(GPRO)/10272991.html

Looks like they might be trying to implement a "Micro" UAS framework:

"The proposed rule also includes extensive discussion of the possibility of an additional, more flexible framework for “micro” UAS under 4.4 pounds."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj