Maybe it was fate

Reaction score
so Ive been on the p3 standard area for a few months and as fate would have it for me I crashed lol. Well it was a pilot RTH error but anyways p3s is beyond economical repair.

So I've decided p4 is my next aircraft. So excited. Gonna be 3 ish weeks yet but my sights are set.

So I had 8 ish hours flight Tim with my p3 and I was a fast learner so I no my way around that particular bird extremely well but what do I need to know about the p4.

It seems like a completely different bird.

Also for owners of the p4 if you were in my shoes would you purchase a p4 or a p3pro? I think my mind is made but interested to hear owners views and experiences.

Darren

P.s do you have to use the dji 4 app for the p4 or can you use the regular go app.?

Last edited:
I guess it depends on if you plan on crashing into any more chimneys...then you might want the collision avoidance tech on the p4, ha ha.

The P4 looks cooler, but that's not really a big deal for most of us. In my experience the contrast and image quality is markedly better than the P3P, though I'm not a serious photographer who knows what you could do as far as post-flight processing goes to equalize things.

They fly pretty much the same, in my opinion (now the mavic is truly amazing as far as stability and control goes, just on another level).

You have to use the new GO4 app. DJI is not a software company and their app is ridiculously bloated, partly because of bad software engineering and partly because each new model has a different camera that requires the stream to be processed differently (why oh why do you do this to us developers, DJI?).

It's up to you if money is an option, of course, but you can get some pretty sweet deals on the P4 now that it's not their latest release.

Reactions: Dazzauk
I guess it depends on if you plan on crashing into any more chimneys...then you might want the collision avoidance tech on the p4, ha ha.

Oh that was harsh ha ha.

IThe P4 looks cooler, but that's not really a big deal for most of us. In my experience the contrast and image quality is markedly better than the P3P, though I'm not a serious photographer who knows what you could do as far as post-flight processing goes to equalize things.

Hmm would be nice the have the better image

IThey fly pretty much the same, in my opinion (now the mavic is truly amazing as far as stability and control goes, just on another level).

This is interesting as I thought the p4 would fly better , more stable and smoother pans etc

IYou have to use the new GO4 app. DJI is not a software company and their app is ridiculously bloated, partly because of bad software engineering and partly because each new model has a different camera that requires the stream to be processed differently (why oh why do you do this to us developers, DJI?).

Is the go4 app ok? I've breidley seen some issues with it but then I guess same with the regular go app lol

IIt's up to you if money is an option, of course, but you can get some pretty sweet deals on the P4 now that it's not their latest release.

I've found a p4 for £788 brand new. That's the best I've found and the limit of my budget also :)

I started out with a PS3 and moved on to my P4 which I have pumped the GDP of Somalia into with goggles, boosted set up and various bits of bling. Never had a problem with the dji go4 app on iOS or had the tilted horizon issues that many people with P4s seem to have. I only use the OA when flying through the forest and it works fine, switch it off for most of the time when flying or filming above the canopy. I am useless with camera settings at the moment but use post editing software to produce a reasonable product. Despite all the other products currently on offer, I won't be trading up as my set up is great for the hobbyist in me and I have plenty of distance and speed to keep me happy. Have you thought about refurbished P4s from dji to maybe bring the cost down a bit?

Hi, think I was chatting to you over text a few months ago about batteries. So you've finally crashed your p3, think this was a plan to get the 4Lol

So maybe see you out flying over Southampton water chasing cruise ships.

Enjoy your p4 you won't regret it

Ps you will need more than one battery

Take a look at Jessops they are selling refurbished ones for £679.67 think they are customer returns still come with
1 years warranty

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1