Maybe dyeing props black was a mistake

Reaction score
The photo doesn't do justice to just how invisible the black ones are to the naked eye.
The red ones at the front you can see quite clearly the outline of them - even in the photo; , but even sitting at idle speed the black ones are impossible to see at most angles.
Going to make hand-catching just that little bit more exciting LOL.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427362029.647867.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427362029.647867.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 900
Ezookiel said:
White, black, green, purple, orange, or blue, should not make any difference in hand catching if done correctly. You should be looking at the spot on the landing leg where you are going to do the grab and not the rotor or prop.

Happyflyer said:
Ezookiel said:
White, black, green, purple, orange, or blue, should not make any difference in hand catching if done correctly. You should be looking at the spot on the landing leg where you are going to do the grab and not the rotor or prop.

And dont worry because you can only make a mistake once. After that your fingers will be trimmed to correct length :D

Reactions: Brent10
Hughie said:
Happyflyer said:
Ezookiel said:

And dont worry because you can only make a mistake once. After that your fingers will be trimmed to correct length :D
:lol: Ya killin me dude !

I was being facetious with the "going to make hand-catching ... more exciting" comment. I wasn't serious.
But I got a good laugh from the replies.

Funnily enough, I took that shot as I was running a battery down by sitting it there idling, and reached under it to hold it down so I could rev it a little more, and had just the tiniest misjudge and the tiniest touch from the props, very literally just barely felt them. A few moments later I went to do something and there was blood on my fingertips. Amazed they'd drawn blood, I start cleaning my fingers to find which one is bleeding, and couldn't find any injury at all. That didn't surprise me, but I kept squeezing them anyway, as it seemed the only possibility.
Still couldn't find a mark on myself. Put it down to the nick must have sealed up already, when a few minutes later my daughter said, "Do you know your cheek is bleeding?"
I'd cut a nick on a mole while shaving and it had bled down my face, and I'd just spent ages trying to find a cut on my fingers instead.

That's a good one.
So instead of cutting your fingers off, you cut you nose off! This IS getting funny...... :lol:

Ezookiel said:
I was being facetious with the "going to make hand-catching ... more exciting" comment. I wasn't serious.
But I got a good laugh from the replies.

Funnily enough, I took that shot as I was running a battery down by sitting it there idling, and reached under it to hold it down so I could rev it a little more, and had just the tiniest misjudge and the tiniest touch from the props, very literally just barely felt them. A few moments later I went to do something and there was blood on my fingertips. Amazed they'd drawn blood, I start cleaning my fingers to find which one is bleeding, and couldn't find any injury at all. That didn't surprise me, but I kept squeezing them anyway, as it seemed the only possibility.
Still couldn't find a mark on myself. Put it down to the nick must have sealed up already, when a few minutes later my daughter said, "Do you know your cheek is bleeding?"
I'd cut a nick on a mole while shaving and it had bled down my face, and I'd just spent ages trying to find a cut on my fingers instead.
;) OK if ya say so! :lol:
Dem moles do bleed bad ! Got em too :lol:

please be very careful, they do bite (& i'm now using carbon blades lol)

image_zps9f48acd0.jpeg

Well the thread kept getting funnier and funnier until p fandango shared the pic of his arm customized by the carbon fiber props.

I'm still kinda laughing though. :lol:

Ouch to the bites.
And people mock propguards. I completely screwed up my judgement of how far behind a tree I was as I flew behind it the other day, and flew straight through the branches of it, and came out unscathed on the other side. That wouldn't have happened if I'd had no propguards on.
Pretty sure propguards would have stopped those bite marks above too.

If you can't find transluscent ones LuvmyTJ, then dyed black is the next best thing. You see straight through them.
I must say, four big white circles sure helped with orientation when it was at full forward tilt going like the clappers, you always knew when it was coming back your way, as the 4x big white blurs were very visible. 2 invisible black ones, and 2 much less visible dark red ones, just don't give that instantly visible orientation reassurance - but they sure look cooler when it's stopped :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik