MAXXUAV Range

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 4. Can anyone tell me from their experience what type of range I might expect to get if I add the ItElite Maxxrange antenna kit to my RC? Thanks to all

They do not commit to a definite distance, and even if someone here tells you they got this far or that far, don't expect that you will. There are so many location based factors that it would be impossible to tell you how far you may get.

That said, I did the non-boosted mod with a flat panel antenna, and I get better range with my P4 than I did with the stock setup. I am not a long distance flyer, but some of the offshore atoll islands that I like to fly to are just over one mile out, and stock, I would lose signal. With the mod, properly aimed at the copter, I still have full signal strength.

Reactions: jbolf6
They do not commit to a definite distance, and even if someone here tells you they got this far or that far, don't expect that you will. There are so many location based factors that it would be impossible to tell you how far you may get.

That said, I did the non-boosted mod with a flat panel antenna, and I get better range with my P4 than I did with the stock setup. I am not a long distance flyer, but some of the offshore atoll islands that I like to fly to are just over one mile out, and stock, I would lose signal. With the mod, properly aimed at the copter, I still have full signal strength.
I would guess the flat panel would still be a improvement over the stock antenna

It is, primarily due to the fact that it is more 'directional', meaning that the majority of the available signal is being sent in the direction it is facing. This does come at the expense of having to properly direct the antenna toward your copter, particularly as it gets farther away.

Here is a link to a thread I posted a while back, and I'm still glad I did the mod. Maxx UAV Antenna mod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan