MaxxUAV EvoLite Kit Plus on P4 or P3P controller?

Reaction score
I have my P3P controller left over from when I lost my P3P in a lake. I just bought a new P4 and also purchased the MaxxUAV kit for it. I got to thinking it would be nice to have one normal controller for close flights and mod the other controller for long range flights. I am pretty sure the P3P controller will also work with the P4.

I am not sure if there are any real differences in the controllers where it would make sense to mod one vs the other. I am leaning toward modding the P3P controller and keeping the P4 stock in case I ever want to sell it, but am not sure if I am losing anything by doing that.

Anyone have some advice on this? Thanks.

Reactions: FlashBuddy
Hey Hozzie, the P3P controller is compatible with the P4. :)

Reactions: Tripc
Some people claim that the GL300A & GL300B have given them more range, but I haven't noticed this myself. If you have a GL300B though, I would hesitate to mod that one just because the plastic is known to be very brittle. The screw posts are usually broken upon opening it and it's just a mess from there. If it's a GL300C remote, other than the glossy case, it's identical to the RC that comes with the P4.

I did some more research. It looks like the GL300A is actually a little more desirable with the extra chip. I think I will mod the P4 controller and keep the 300A stock. I just decided to get my new P4 so I wasn't aware of the differences.

Thanks for the feedback.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj