Maxxuav boosted install, did I do it right?

Have you checked the booster battery leads? They are both ok?

yea, I swapped about everything around.

but they both are obviously getting power

Chazz, so what did you do? you never responded with your solution..

So does this mean I will never be able to go boosted? Is this an antenna issue? controller issue?

Please note, with just the antenna non boosted, it rocks, I get awesome signal, even 3 miles out residential its pretty good at high alt. , perfect controller and video signal.

Put on the amps, perfect controller signal, lose video signal very quickly at like 3k feet

I did everything...Like I said it used to be flashing blue until I hooked those antennas that I mentioned in my previous post and after that now only white on the right side...I had to stop flying that day because of storms and I haven't tried it again to see if it makes a difference...But I swapped everything Amps,cables, antenna and it always stayed on the right side...I then took the RC apart and changed the internal cables with new ones and changed the side they are plugged into and now its on the left side...So its comes down to whatever antenna is plugged into the side that is shown on the attached pic...
controller.jpg

Looking at the controller, which antenna should get the amp?
I was under the impression that one antenna is for the lightbridge and the other is for control.

they both get the amp.

and that picture is cut off, the right side connection on the bottom actually goes to the left antenna.
and visa-versa

I'm ordering a non boosted antenna from Jake today, do you guys recommend the maxxrange or itellite antenna?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The Maxrange for sure!!
It's bigger but at the end of the day, its going to be about the same holding it, the big panel in the front is super easy to hold and very comfortable with either a standard lanyard or the 6 dollar inspire strap.
I've got 3 miles already with the maxxrange unboosted and still have full bars, this is over heavy congested area for the first 1/2 mile, then the next 2.5 miles is everglades, when I get to the everglades I bring my alt. to about 400 or so ft. maybe a tad higher

I only turn around because I start shaking ,lol. First time I did it, I was just hovering around not paying attention and I didn't realize I was @ 50% battery, I freaked out when I realized I was doing half the speed coming back then going out because of the wind

It scared me because I didn't think I was gonna make it :) I did.

get the maxxantenna, you will love it!

20160717_185624_zps7gezqz5a.jpg

they both get the amp.

and that picture is cut off, the right side connection on the bottom actually goes to the left antenna.
and visa-versa
One side is for transmitting the signal out to the quad, the other is for receiving the video telemetry etc. The receiving side does not need a booster on it,on the transmitter side, maybe on the quad it would help , but not for recieving. So which antenna on the transmitter is for transmitting to the quad?

I bought an amped controller from Hunch last year, with the FPVLR setup. only the left side amp ever blinks blue, the right side stays white. I never thought much about it, it works fine business.

Reactions: MasterBlaster
I bought an amped controller from Hunch last year, with the FPVLR setup. only the left side amp ever blinks blue, the right side stays white. I never thought much about it, it works fine business.

then ITS NOT WORKING. sorry its that simple.

Both sides require an amp, as I'm being told , one of those amps you have are bad, or better yet both.

As for my situation, I sent Jake my 3 amps, he is going to go through them and find which ones are bar and send me two working ones.

One side is for transmitting the signal out to the quad, the other is for receiving the video telemetry etc. The receiving side does not need a booster on it,on the transmitter side, maybe on the quad it would help , but not for recieving. So which antenna on the transmitter is for transmitting to the quad?

I thought this to, but its not correct

then ITS NOT WORKING. sorry its that simple.

Both sides require an amp, as I'm being told , one of those amps you have are bad, or better yet both.

As for my situation, I sent Jake my 3 amps, he is going to go through them and find which ones are bar and send me two working ones.
Awfully odd that bad amps are a plenty. What would be best, but probably not practical, is for him to diagnose the problem with your remote in hand too. Otherwise you're likely to hear that the amps in question "work for him", which I suppose would actually point back to your remote and/or cables anyway. So, forget what I said, lol! Good luck.

Awfully odd that bad amps are a plenty. What would be best, but probably not practical, is for him to diagnose the problem with your remote in hand too. Otherwise you're likely to hear that the amps in question "work for him", which I suppose would actually point back to your remote and/or cables anyway. So, forget what I said, lol! Good luck.

And this is what I said, but the professional who sold it to me told me otherwise, it made no sense all 3 were bad, or 2 of the 3.

As for the remote, I also mentioned this, but the fact remains, with out the boosters and just the maxxantenna, I can easily hit 3 miles in my contested area with altitude and have plenty of range.

So you tell me, does that sound like a remote issue?

It appears we received a bad batch of amplifiers and we're working through it. We are now opening and testing every single amplifier before it's shipped. A good amp should measure 180-200mW. The bad ones that I've been testing are all about 15-20mW. One antenna is for sending (control) and the other is for receiving (video & telemetry). No matter which side the bad one is on, it's always the receiving antenna that will not show blue. Think about it like this:

If the bad amp is on the sending side, it's not pushing enough signal for the receiving to pick up so it's not going to turn blue, but the sending side is getting a signal passed through it, so it's going to turn blue.

If the bad amp is on the receiving side, it's not sending out enough power to get a good signal, so it's not going to turn blue, but the sending side is working just fine and is going to turn blue.

Hopefully that makes sense haha!

Again, if anyone is having an issue, please contact me and we'll get you taken care of. You should always have blue lights on both amplifiers. Keep in mind, the white light stays on with the blue lights, so it's more of a light shade of blue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20